Gear Change Issues

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tippo88

I think that my swivel may not have been assembled correctly. When I turn it around so it's on the correct way then the side with the fat slot to take the link to the gear lever is on the wrong side and can't simply be rotated to the other side so I think I need to take it apart and turn it round? Think this may be why I put it on the wrong way in the first place. ImageImage

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Its the base that wants spinning around so that it sits 180 degrees to what it does now,if it wont spin around you will have to remove the circlip and take it off to turn it.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Yes those gear cable gators are a right pain and quite unnecessary, best to remove.
fluff34567

We're the cable gaitors originally fitted at the factory? I just have rubber end caps on the threaded adjusters .
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

HxPaul wrote:Its the base that wants spinning around so that it sits 180 degrees to what it does now,if it wont spin around you will have to remove the circlip and take it off to turn it.
correct is sitting 180 deg out of kilter
C’est la vie
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

While your at it,check the nyloc nut on top of the tie rod,it seems as if its not tightened properly and the thread isn't reaching the nylon part of the nut.
tippo88

Thanks or the help all. I got the swivel sorted and cut the rubbers back and now all is good.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information