Franspeed Supertourer or Race???

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Scoot spec is as follows:

TS1 225 standard
TMX 35
Cyclone 5 Speed
Varitronic ignition

Currently using Franspeed Supertourer - thinking of having a play about with another exhaust, in particular the Franny Race.

Not one for mile munching on motorways - more thrashing around the back roads having fun! So, am thinking the Fran Race might suit me better - would appreciate any thoughts from anyone who runs a similar set up or who has gone from Fran super to Fran race.

Many thanks :D

Scott
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘
Boreham
Main scooter: GP225

The Fran race is a very different pipe, comes on the power at around 5600rpm (exactly the same setup as yours) and revs on, there is still power below this but does make the power higher up the rev range, great fun but as your comment good for the local roads.
The 5 speed does actually help to a degree as it keeps it in the power, have fun!
alanscottj

Boreham wrote:The Fran race is a very different pipe, comes on the power at around 5600rpm (exactly the same setup as yours) and revs on, there is still power below this but does make the power higher up the rev range, great fun but as your comment good for the local roads.
The 5 speed does actually help to a degree as it keeps it in the power, have fun!
Ordered the Franny Race after having a chat with Andy about it this morning - I've always felt that the SuperTourer wasn't giving me the best the engine has in store. Discussed my riding style (back lane thrashing rather than long distances on motorways) and he reckons the Race will be more suited. Happy days - off work tomorrow so will have time to play :D
roadrunnerian

I had dyno shoot out 3 PIPES the franspeed race,supertourer and the tsr tt I have a 230 ts1 with a tmx35 but 4 speed li150 16x46 gbox, THE RACE produced the most hp but only came on pipe at 5800 and revved onto 10500,the supertourer came in at 4800 to 9000 it was half a hp down on the race but more torque the tsr tt I found produced the less hp by 2.8 but came out on torque by at least 4lbs also the off pipe performance was way above the others it came in at 4600 and reved onto 8800 if you are after a kick in pants the race is the one but if you want to wind back in 4th then the tsr is the one hope you find the right one to suit your riding style ;)
alanscottj

roadrunnerian wrote:I had dyno shoot out 3 PIPES the franspeed race,supertourer and the tsr tt I have a 230 ts1 with a tmx35 but 4 speed li150 16x46 gbox, THE RACE produced the most hp but only came on pipe at 5800 and revved onto 10500,the supertourer came in at 4800 to 9000 it was half a hp down on the race but more torque the tsr tt I found produced the less hp by 2.8 but came out on torque by at least 4lbs also the off pipe performance was way above the others it came in at 4600 and reved onto 8800 if you are after a kick in pants the race is the one but if you want to wind back in 4th then the tsr is the one hope you find the right one to suit your riding style ;)
Thanks for the comparisons bud - initial thoughts on the race - are that I might actually have found a pipe that does suit my style - the kick in the pants you mention ;) First run out on her yesterday felt very promising, but, not really able to give it some yet with having new piston rings, so I will know in a week or so when she has covered a few more miles. Also, I have 46 x 20 gearing at the moment so might need to drop the front to 19 and also have a play with the jetting. Feels good and promising though so fingers crossed :D

I could always try the TSR in the future :lol:
joespeed

that is tall gearing ,you may pull that trs pipe to 100mph with your gearing
joespeed

does it pull top to the maximum revs?
alanscottj

joespeed wrote:does it pull top to the maximum revs?
Don't know mate - only just rebuilt top end with new rings so need to do a few more miles over next couple of days before I see what she will do.
roadrunnerian

Joespeed doesn't your brother have a tsr adapated by taylor tuning I was talking to him when I went over to Darrells .
roadrunnerian

alanscottj the race is a top pipe and I'm glad it suits your style another two hundred mile of running in then you can let rip
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information