Agusto 6000 problem?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bjhart
Main scooter: Lambretta series 2

I recently tried fitting an SIP speedo but was having problems with getting the rev counter working, so the investigation lead me to find that the wassell to stator wires were incorrect (both yellows from the stator connected to one of the wassel wires and the other wassel wire was isolated), so I thought I had found the problem. However as the wires were corrected the engine started running lumpy and cut out. I have been in touch with several knowledgable people and all say the same.... ignition and lighting circuits are not connected. Today I disconnected everything from the wiring loom, everything in the headset, the brake light switch, the battery etc. Problem was still there as soon as I connected the yellow wires again, I'm fast running out of ideas, so I decided to disconnect the Agusto 6000 unit and presto problem goes away. Anyone like to suggest what has happened here.... faulty Agusto box maybe but how is that affected by the lighting circuit. I really want to retain a retard/ advance box but I want to understand what has gone wrong first and confirm that mine is faulty before replacing.
Padge
Main scooter: 1969 Lambretta gp

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a bad earth on my Augusto unit
bjhart
Main scooter: Lambretta series 2

Padge wrote:I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a bad earth on my Augusto unit
Was the Agusto ok with the earth corrected or had it fried? Was you also running a dc system?
Padge
Main scooter: 1969 Lambretta gp

it worked fine with the earth sorted out, mine was on n AC system, but I have fit them to bikes with DC and not had a problem
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information