48 mm clubman

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

Im building a rapido 250 at the minute, I have an af 48mil clubman that's been sitting on the shelf for a few years, anybody using one ? I seem to remember them being very loud { this isn't the vw type . it has a 1" tail pipe} ,were these any advantage over the 42mil? im not overly concerned with top speed , would like it to pull well and sit at 65ish ,I have a jl 3 also but want to keep to a box type for standard looks ,
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

I was running one a cast iron 225 nice and torquey, can't see it being and issue for you either.

Best of luck.

Cgt75b...............
Muttley McLadd

I ran one (r/c) on a 185. Nice. Wasn't loud. Deep boom.. but not loud.
CakeAndArseParty
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

In general the 48mm will run slightly cooler than the 42mm all-be-it with a slight loss of power. I ran one on my Rapido 225 and it pulled nice with an acceptable noise level.
gerryjunior

yes I guessed there would be a small drop compared to the 42mm , im more interested in the cooler running , Ill fit it and see how it runs , cant be any louder than my gori , thanks for the replys.
Muttley McLadd

The loudness will have more to do with the size of your exhaust port. If your exhaust port has a 'traditional tune', it'll be loud.
CakeAndArseParty
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

Muttley McLadd wrote:The loudness will have more to do with the size of your exhaust port. If your exhaust port has a 'traditional tune', it'll be loud.
and shape of the exhaust port
C’est la vie
225worb
Main scooter: Vespa 225, Falc , 230 S2

I've just fitted a 42mm clubman to a 150 servetta, it looks great and sounds lovely.
Very tidy just poking up under the rear runner
Apparently made a vast difference over a standard pipe in acceleration and top end..
gerryjunior

I know roughly what the performance will be ,I ive used kba ,af ,ancillotti , gori and bgm clubmans , I just wondered if the 48 mil was louder than the 42 , it been a long time since I fitted a 48mm. thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information