GORI 50mm EXHAUST

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Hotdog

I have the Gori 50mm exhaust, but the slip joint between the down pipe and the exhaust is very loose when fitted together ! Is this the norm for these pipes or do they leak at this point, leaving a mess everywhere ?
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

never had a gori, but ive had plenty of exhausts that leak, sounds like some high temp silicone is the order of the day, dont fill the fill joint,of you will never get it apart again, just a nice bead near the end of the joint and you should have no more leaks, its also a bit flexible so helps with vibrations, helps to stop cracks and splits, ive always got some in my garage for this very purpose.
holty
jonzo172

I can recommend Rhodorseal Instant Gasket... "a flexible gasket with outstanding resistance to motor oils & cooling fluids between -70 & 250 deg c"
Daggs

'hotdog' Do you have any opinion on the Gori exhaust. I am considering buying one.
lozmondo

Ive just bought the RLC gori and it doesnt have a spring on the U bend ? ...not run it yet so will see how it goes
whonatic

I've got the "rimini only" GP50 - it's not the tightest fit on the slip joint, unlike the Ron moss/BGM , but high temp silicone (I use pro seal as used in karts) and it's fine.

Mine has the spring though, thought they all did ?
Hotdog

Daggs, i can't comment on the performance of the pipe as only at the dry build stage, but it fitted easily enough, with no adjustments needed. My only concern is the slip joint, its just a shame i may have to use silicone.
Hotdog

mine is from RLC and it has a spring.
lozmondo

This is the one 50mm not the GP50 which has the tapered u bend. The picture shows a spring, but when mine came it didnt have one/? checked with Dean @ Rimini and he said it wasnt needed? for peace of mind i may get one added anyway. Lovely looking pipe anyway

https://www.riminilambrettacentre.com/e ... sione.html
Hotdog

lozmondo wrote:This is the one 50mm not the GP50 which has the tapered u bend. The picture shows a spring, but when mine came it didnt have one/? checked with Dean @ Rimini and he said it wasnt needed? for peace of mind i may get one added anyway. Lovely looking pipe anyway

https://www.riminilambrettacentre.com/e ... sione.html
mine is the 50mm and not the GP one.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information