NK Any Good?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Just trying to people's opinions of the NK pipes sold by AF What they're like build quality, fit, performance etc. How do they stack up against the similar Franspeed and do they clout the floor every time go over a bump, they seem good value but there again so do a pair of Schwalbe race mans for £38! :?
Eibar
Main scooter: Eibar TS1 1966

On my 2nd nk rally , fanstastic pipes , yes they are low, so no good for two up or hitting sleeping policemen with, good fit , quite loud , but well made.

ADS3 comes on the power earlier but nk revs on more - horses for courses. imho
potato
servetakid
Main scooter: Jet 200

One of the best pipes I've ever used, both in terms of performance and quality.

Mine lasted me 4 years before changing, however, that was with a few small repairs and regular painting and coatings.
I've put a franspeed on and I'm not convinced it's any where near as good in performance.
nellyboyo
Main scooter: Lambretta

Had one on my imola and it was great for a couple of years until it stress cracked on the down pipe in many , many places and had to go in the bin .
Eibar
Main scooter: Eibar TS1 1966

They do need rubbing and spraying on the downpipe i reckon 2-3 times a year. My lastone stressed on all the welds by the downpipe - should have had it ceramic coated really
potato
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Superb pipe for fit, performance and price. I've got an Imola, RB25 and RB20 and all 3 have NK's fitted. The NK completed transformed the Imola. I clear coat them with VHT laquer as I like the look of them that way.
Jazzy

Mine stressed all over the place so welded a brace across the u bend then cut the pipe in half and created a slip joint, removed all the rubber mounts and bolted it solid.
Added another spring to the stum mounting and created a second wall to that slip joint.

Great pipe performance wise or i wouldnt have bothered.
Fruitjuice

Do you have any pictures of this?
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

How do you make a slip joint?
Jazzy

struggle with pictures.

to make a slip joint simply cut straight thru the pipe and weld a band of steel to one part forming a socket for the other part to fit in.
attach eyelets for springs and load the joint with silicon on assembly. allows for rotation and a bit of give when lining up.
there an awful lot of pipe in front of the sharks fin bracket that's only held with one spring from the stub and with a rubber sprung joint on the tailcan its a bit like getting jiggy with a fat bird in a hammock. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information