ADS3 vs Franspeed Supertourer

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Fruitjuice

Does anybody have a dynosheet with comparison graphs between an ADS3 and a Franspeed Supertourer?
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Here is a bunch of graphs for the Franspeed pipes - not sure if the ADS3 is on there but they might be useful???

http://www.andyfrancisscooters.co.uk/dy ... 4580566211

Scott
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

ADS exhausts were developed in conjunction with and are supplied by Chiselspeed near Leeds.

ADS3 is a very torquey pipe with restricted high revs, it'll produce more torque and produces it lower down the revs than any other pipe but it won't produce high peak BHP figures.

Probably 4 or 5 years ago now but Sticky ran a TS1 exhaust test in Scootering mag. ADS3 produced the most torque, Franspeed Race the most power and the NK Mid-range was rated the best all round pipe. I don't think the Super Tourer was available then. Franspeed Road is probably the closest to the NK mid-range. There isn't an equivalent Franspeed pipe to the ADS3.

I have an ADS3 fitted to my Mugello 225 with small reed valve and I think it's a fantastic pipe and easily pulls the 4.7 final drive ratio that I run. I've got it in bits at the minute and I'm very tempted to make it taller still but my sensible head is fighting back with "it ain't broke so don't fix it". Power comes in almost instantly, it goes up 90% of inclines without needing 3rd and it'll go well over 70 if needed.

Best pipe I've ever used. It's very dringy [noise wise] but aren't they all.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

alanscottj wrote:...not sure if the ADS3 is on there but they might be useful???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

corrado wrote: I have an ADS3 fitted to my Mugello 225 with small reed valve and I think it's a fantastic pipe and easily pulls the 4.7 final drive ratio that I run. I've got it in bits at the minute and I'm very tempted to make it taller still but my sensible head is fighting back with "it ain't broke so don't fix it".
On a reedvalve motor, and with your sprightly figure, I'd have to believe it could pull another tooth still....be interesting to find out! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Fruitjuice

I currently have an ADS3 on a Monza 225, running 4.6 (16-46 + SX200 gearbox) and easily pull top gear. I was actually thinking about raising to 4.4!
I was just wondering whether a Franspeed Supertourer would pull my current gearing and get a higher top speed...
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
mawso

Gonna be using an ADS3 with a Mugello 225 and mini reed this year too. Just finished getting all the cogs for an SX200 gearbox together but not decided on whether it should be 15/46 or 16/46 yet. Exhaust port is 186 degrees so could be revvy but crank is 60/110 so timings can be messed with...want torque and to get decent speeds at low revs. Not run this pipe (or kit yet) but they are loud...is there a replacement can that dulls sound or is it thickness of skin on the pipe? Somebody wrote 4 years they got out of a pipe, my pals Taff Mk4 is over 15years old and been on the road doing the miles every year, one weld repair and the rest still "solid as"!
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

The graph just sells me the ADS3 pipe, yes it loses out at 85mph at 8,000 rpm but that's not where I ride at on public roads. Look at the gains the ADS3 makes between 4,000 and 6,000 rpm, where we mostly ride on the road. Take 2 scooters with same engine with one of each exhaust on and sit on motorway at 55mph, pull out to overtake a HGV and the ADS pull away cleanly in 4th gear when you open the throttle, not so with the S/T as it's out of the power band and may need dropping into 3rd.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Be good to see a graph comparing the ads3 and the jl3, I wonder if there is much difference?
Bufficus

I my experience the Super Tourer is not a great pipe for touring at 50-60 mph. With 4.8 gearing its not on the pipe at those speeds and I found myself changing down on hills whilst riding in a group. On my own at 70 plus it was great. However, I found it very thirsty compared to the Robbo Speed or NK Rally. I went down two atomisers with the latter two.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information