Boyessen Reeds on Imola

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
nellyboyo
Main scooter: Lambretta

I've acquired a set of dual stage Boyessen reeds for my Imola cheap .
Its got carbon fiber ones in there at the moment and goes great although a bit boggy 3/4 throttle but I can live with that .
Has anyone tried these in an imola ( without the stops ) .
If its not worth the difference I`ll just keep them for a rainy day 8-)
Boreham
Main scooter: GP225

Hi, i run a Monza had have tried dual stage reeds, just a quick thought, which reed block are you running as the std block has slightly different sized petals, you can re-drill but the issues are sometimes the petals do not seal correctly due to the sizing difference.
The carbon reeds are god for high revs (less flexible etc..) and the dual stage do help with low end progression but the actaul on road difference is very minimal.
I swapped to the AF reed block as there are more options (you can fit a Yamaha type but does require the inlet to opened slightly)
Cheers
nellyboyo
Main scooter: Lambretta

To be honest I haven`t had it apart for about 3 years and I think from memory I had to fettle the reeds slightly to fit .
Its an imola ultimate and I`m not 100% sure what reed blocks in it .
If there is hardly any difference in rideability I`ll just keep them until the carbon reeds wear out . cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information