Oil level drain plug

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Geocamper
Main scooter: Tv175 S2- Li 150 S2 Eibar

Does anyone know if I can buy one of these or an equivalent at a diy store? Just overtightened mine and broken the head off it.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

If you have an Andrew Page motor factors near you they may have something. I was in my local one a few days ago and they had quite a selection of drain plugs some of which look very similar in size and thread pitch to a Lammy oil plug. I'm sure they'd do them in most auto factors to be fair.
Suede Ed
Main scooter: SIL GP200

Order one from Scooter Restorations, youll get it next day, plus there's bound to be other stuff you need, there always is....
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

I found scooter restorations good but not if you want something small like that as you have to spend at least a tenner then there's postage on top, apart from the issues with answering the phone I'm using Rayspeed more and more now great service and very helpful people.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

If you take the broken bits to an hydraulic repair/parts shop they will have one but you may have to be happy with an hexagon headed plug.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

There are some shocking quality level plugs around. I suspect quite a few of us have had them break like the opening poster

I have a non standard one in which I got from Taffspeed years ago.

If I was building an engine now, I'd fit the MB stainless version. At least you'd know it won't break on you miles from home. That said, I very rarely ever take my level plugs out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information