Bgm Clubman

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
User avatar
drunkmunkey6969
Moderator
Posts: 4247
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:42 pm
ebay user ID: sc00terotica
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP
Location: North Yorkshire
Contact:

Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Adam_Winstone wrote:Tramp's pee'ed!
BOOM BOOM!!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cartmel808
registered user
Posts: 527
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:35 am
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa
Location: Durham, England
Contact:

Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:23 pm

Leo wrote:
Darrell Taylor wrote:has your avanti been set up , build ,jetting,ignition timing ,is it fully run in can be tight with a longer run in than most

No I got a tramp to throw together whilst he was on a meths bender.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leo
registered user
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:34 pm
Main scooter: Lambretta
Contact:

Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:41 am

There probably was meant to be a smiley on the end. I don't know who Darrell Taylor is.

I dont tend to ask much on forums as you never know what response you get, I had a mate who used to live on these things and chat s**t all day but we all knew it was where Lambrettas went to die as he couldn't even fit a cable.

I can build an engine but I'm not a "preferred tuner" so maybe who built the engine etc. comment just pushed me over the edge.

The pipe transformed the engine, I've fitted a BGM and the thing is exactly as I expected. GP50 was awesome fun in third but not in top.

I was maybe just a bit frustrated i'd spunked £1000's and the engine was basically s**t.

Ron and Adam have been very helpful in private.

What colour power band should I fit or is it 3% or 4% premix?

User avatar
corrado
Dealer
Posts: 3209
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:12 am
Main scooter: Lambretta GP
Location: Top of Blackpool Tower
Contact:

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:47 am

Leo wrote: What colour power band should I fit or is it 3% or 4% premix?
20 lbs in front and 35 in rear. Fully synthetic but not stainless steel. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Toddy
registered user
Posts: 4934
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:01 am
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1
Location: East Yorkshire
Contact:

Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:10 am

corrado wrote:
Leo wrote: What colour power band should I fit or is it 3% or 4% premix?
20 lbs in front and 35 in rear. Fully synthetic but not stainless steel. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thats the spirit :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"

User avatar
drunkmunkey6969
Moderator
Posts: 4247
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:42 pm
ebay user ID: sc00terotica
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP
Location: North Yorkshire
Contact:

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:46 am

corrado wrote:20 lbs in front and 35 in rear. Fully synthetic but not stainless steel. :mrgreen:
Which crank?

I've never heard of that happening before, all the others we've sold have been fine.....



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bjhart
registered user
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:56 pm
Main scooter: Lambretta series 2
Contact:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:10 am

Darrell Taylor wrote:i may be able to help with that dyno shootout might need a few willing loans of the odd pipe though ,,i have most clubmans already and a few i can beg steal and borrow hopefully ,can we start with a list of contenders.... ill go first with ANCILLOTTI CLUBMAN,,
Would it be possible to and a decibel meter to the test as well, also what about the add on mufflers for Clubmans, there seems to be a few on offer but no info to say if the work or what the impact is on performance....there seems to be a trend for wide power band and a bit quieter

User avatar
coaster
registered user
Posts: 3680
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:35 pm
Location: London and Norfolk
Contact:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:20 pm

bjhart wrote:
Darrell Taylor wrote:i may be able to help with that dyno shootout might need a few willing loans of the odd pipe though ,,i have most clubmans already and a few i can beg steal and borrow hopefully ,can we start with a list of contenders.... ill go first with ANCILLOTTI CLUBMAN,,
Would it be possible to and a decibel meter to the test as well, also what about the add on mufflers for Clubmans, there seems to be a few on offer but no info to say if the work or what the impact is on performance....there seems to be a trend for wide power band and a bit quieter
That would be dead easy, free DB Meter apps are available, I have one on my iphone

Lamaddict
registered user
Posts: 1022
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:35 pm
Contact:

Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:07 am

I was on FB and mentioned how good Scootopia Clubmans were and a dealer came on and got all defensive over BGM Clubmans. He said, they were Sito's! I've had a Sito before and they seem totally different - tail pipe doesn't block the level plug, bracket is strongly welded and the down pipe is total different.

storkfoot
registered user
Posts: 1279
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:08 am
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]
Location: Merseyside
Contact:

Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:21 pm

Has this Clubman shootout taken place?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests