Bgm Clubman

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

mick1 wrote:I'm in York and have a Ron Moss clubman (possibly the last one made), which i'd be happy to loan out.

cheers thats 1 i dont have and local enough to collect ,,
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

hendy wrote:
Darrell Taylor wrote:i may be able to help with that dyno shootout might need a few willing loans of the odd pipe though ,,i have most clubmans already and a few i can beg steal and borrow hopefully ,can we start with a list of contenders.... ill go first with ANCILLOTTI CLUBMAN,,
Gori gp50
thats the one im keen to test......
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

Lambretta Sash wrote:Darrell Taylor wrote:
i may be able to help with that dyno shootout might need a few willing loans of the odd pipe though ,,i have most clubmans already and a few i can beg steal and borrow hopefully ,can we start with a list of contenders.... ill go first with ANCILLOTTI CLUBMAN

Can possibly get ron moss and reverse cone clubmans to you
cheers Sash , ill get plans made and be in touch
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

id like to provide the test on 2 different set ups 1 with low ex duration and 1 with high ex duration to check there performance range at each end
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Another good one will be the Kegra VW clubman which has a JL1 inside but I'd imagine very rare due to the cost of it. Don't know a person who's ever bought one.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

soosh wrote:
Scooterdude wrote:Just saw a comparison chart between GP50, Gori 50, and BGM. The GP 50 wins hands down on max power but although I hate to admit it the BGM has a much broader usable spread of power, I'll try to upload it on here if I can find it again.

On a side note are BGM in the process of introducing a new version of their clubman? Think I saw something somewhere about it ?
Who's dyno was this?
if you google "Gori gp50 dyno chart" at the top of the page there is a link to the Lambretta club GB site and some geezer saying about Dean at Riminni sending him some charts....well it's all on there bud.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Cheers,just taken a look. It describes the GP50 as quite peaky as I guess that's what spec motor it was used on.
I found on mine it had a huge wide spread of torque which pulled me and my lady (who is almost 6ft with massive air bags) on 4.7,ok I've got a cyclone but even in 5th slowing down to 50 and then opening the throttle it pulled so well and deff not peaky but then I don't have big exhaust timing. I'd say it probably the best pipe I've had and even more grunt than the JL3 I had on it a while ago. Anyway,hopefully Darrell will do some good testing on them all with different spec motors,be interesting to see.
coaster

I have a brand new BGM clubman sitting on a shelf which I would be happy to loan for the test. I bought it from someone on FB and it has a factory applied silver finish so I suspect it is an early version. Just let me know and I'll get it in the post.
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

coaster wrote:I have a brand new BGM clubman sitting on a shelf which I would be happy to loan for the test. I bought it from someone on FB and it has a factory applied silver finish so I suspect it is an early version. Just let me know and I'll get it in the post.
I thought the early versions all came unpainted, may be wrong, thought it was later ones which were painted.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

my v3 came unpainted and thats only a couple of months ago
Donnie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information