Bgm Clubman

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Darrell Taylor wrote:
soosh wrote:
Darrell Taylor wrote:id like to provide the test on 2 different set ups 1 with low ex duration and 1 with high ex duration to check there performance range at each end
What might be good on the lower spec is to get hold of a good standard exhaust as used on the GP range,myself and Adam talking about this at last club meeting about standard (ish) spec motors perform just as well with decent standard than with say an AF/KBA box. Just something to throw in the mix maybe.
is that a standard pipe on standard motor ? which standard italian or indian motor and exhaust ,,
I was going to do the tests on a std sil 200 which has the semi tuned cylinder as std but i feel the rest of the set up may then hold back for purpose of testing so be better to be as my bang for buck article and at least improve the simple things like head gasket and make carb/box freebreathing to see some worthwhile results
i then have a friend with a mugello 200 i tuned for him for gp4 racing as a lower/beginners spec with sensible inlet timing that he then changed his mind and put it on road with a bgm clubman on it
The SIL barrel yes. Just to compare eith the entry level clubmans.
Leo
Main scooter: Lambretta

I've just put a GP50 on an Avanti and it won't pull 5.0 gearing in top. It's strong in third 58 mph on gps.

I'm wondering wether to try a 14t front sprocket or a BGM pipe.

Wish this test was done already!
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Leo wrote:I've just put a GP50 on an Avanti and it won't pull 5.0 gearing in top. It's strong in third 58 mph on gps.

See if you can change it for the normal Gori 50, they make their power lower down the Rev range.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Leo wrote:I've just put a GP50 on an Avanti and it won't pull 5.0 gearing in top. It's strong in third 58 mph on gps.

I've been considering one for my ts1 but I'm put off by the peakiness. I think it may be better with a reed valve though which I'm assuming you haven't added. An advance and retard unit would help too.
soosh

hendy wrote:

I've been considering one for my ts1 but I'm put off by the peakiness. I think it may be better with a reed valve though which I'm assuming you haven't added. An advance and retard unit would help too.
They are not peaky,it's the motor it goes on that makes it peaky.
coaster

soosh wrote:.....they are not peaky,it's the motor it goes on that makes it peaky.
I wouldn't call the Avanti Peaky :?
soosh

coaster wrote:
soosh wrote:.....they are not peaky,it's the motor it goes on that makes it peaky.
No,was talking in general. The Avanti does have some guts to it.
Leo

soosh wrote:
coaster wrote:
No,was talking in general. The Avanti does have some guts to it.

Considering it isn't into the meat of the power it holds 4th gear very well. The power does not drop, it just does not get on the pipe.

I need to get a few more miles on it and decide. 14 sprocket should be here this week to try.

I asked about the pipe before I bought it and the supplier said it would pull 4.8 final drive, i erred to 5.0 because I'm not 10 stone but still over geared. Might be the gap from 3rd to 4th in the SX 200 box. The crux of the problem is the clubman pipe designed for this kit never saw production.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

has your avanti been set up , build ,jetting,ignition timing ,is it fully run in can be tight with a longer run in than most
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Leo

Darrell Taylor wrote:has your avanti been set up , build ,jetting,ignition timing ,is it fully run in can be tight with a longer run in than most

No I got a tramp to throw together whilst he was on a meths bender.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information