Bgm Clubman

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Adam_Winstone wrote:Tramp's pee'ed!
BOOM BOOM!!

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Leo wrote:
Darrell Taylor wrote:has your avanti been set up , build ,jetting,ignition timing ,is it fully run in can be tight with a longer run in than most

No I got a tramp to throw together whilst he was on a meths bender.

Leo
Main scooter: Lambretta

There probably was meant to be a smiley on the end. I don't know who Darrell Taylor is.

I dont tend to ask much on forums as you never know what response you get, I had a mate who used to live on these things and chat s**t all day but we all knew it was where Lambrettas went to die as he couldn't even fit a cable.

I can build an engine but I'm not a "preferred tuner" so maybe who built the engine etc. comment just pushed me over the edge.

The pipe transformed the engine, I've fitted a BGM and the thing is exactly as I expected. GP50 was awesome fun in third but not in top.

I was maybe just a bit frustrated i'd spunked £1000's and the engine was basically s**t.

Ron and Adam have been very helpful in private.

What colour power band should I fit or is it 3% or 4% premix?
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Leo wrote: What colour power band should I fit or is it 3% or 4% premix?
20 lbs in front and 35 in rear. Fully synthetic but not stainless steel. :mrgreen:
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

corrado wrote:
Leo wrote: What colour power band should I fit or is it 3% or 4% premix?
20 lbs in front and 35 in rear. Fully synthetic but not stainless steel. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thats the spirit :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

corrado wrote:20 lbs in front and 35 in rear. Fully synthetic but not stainless steel. :mrgreen:
Which crank?

I've never heard of that happening before, all the others we've sold have been fine.....

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
bjhart
Main scooter: Lambretta series 2

Darrell Taylor wrote:i may be able to help with that dyno shootout might need a few willing loans of the odd pipe though ,,i have most clubmans already and a few i can beg steal and borrow hopefully ,can we start with a list of contenders.... ill go first with ANCILLOTTI CLUBMAN,,
Would it be possible to and a decibel meter to the test as well, also what about the add on mufflers for Clubmans, there seems to be a few on offer but no info to say if the work or what the impact is on performance....there seems to be a trend for wide power band and a bit quieter
coaster

bjhart wrote:
Darrell Taylor wrote:i may be able to help with that dyno shootout might need a few willing loans of the odd pipe though ,,i have most clubmans already and a few i can beg steal and borrow hopefully ,can we start with a list of contenders.... ill go first with ANCILLOTTI CLUBMAN,,
Would it be possible to and a decibel meter to the test as well, also what about the add on mufflers for Clubmans, there seems to be a few on offer but no info to say if the work or what the impact is on performance....there seems to be a trend for wide power band and a bit quieter
That would be dead easy, free DB Meter apps are available, I have one on my iphone
Lamaddict

I was on FB and mentioned how good Scootopia Clubmans were and a dealer came on and got all defensive over BGM Clubmans. He said, they were Sito's! I've had a Sito before and they seem totally different - tail pipe doesn't block the level plug, bracket is strongly welded and the down pipe is total different.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Has this Clubman shootout taken place?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information