Chain case gasket ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Yes Warts i'll try another breather plug......interesting someone has found a cork chainside gasket in the above post, we were talking about those a while ago and recall they were around in the 80s and we never had leaks with them.

Must confess the grease is indeed easier to deal with when doing a changeover.......
fluff34567

£4.75 for a cork gasket.. bargain!
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

fluff34567 wrote:£4.75 for a cork gasket.. bargain!
Just check that the stud holes are the correct size if you use one. The first ones I got had all the holes punched for m8 studs whereas most should obviously be m6. It was OK for a while but once it started leaking it got worse and worse. Partly my own fault as I noticed when fitting but I was going to breighton ferry the next day so I just crossed my fingers; never seems to work for me, maybe I'm not crossing them quite right?

He did replace them free of charge without question. Just make sure you check.
fluff34567

Ok cheers for that. Will check when it arrives
Strummer10

Ordered 5 cork ones, remembering how much better these seemed in the 1980s lol.....hopefully with flattening out a little the chaincase cover and the cork gasket it will soak and expand to seal any tiny undulations .....

change breather plug as well
fluff34567

I use glass and 2000 grit emery to highlight any high or low spots
Strummer10

Fluff yes I will do that.....IF I can find a decent length of glass......How about the wife's bedroom mirror lol ?
shocky

I only ever use these green ones from pro porting I grease them and the one on there at mo has been on and off a few times and hasn't leaked
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
shocky

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information