4 or 5 Speed Feedback So Far?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lamaddict

I see RLC are offering a deal on their 5 speed gearboxes. The info mentions, once you've gone to 5 speed there's no going back etc. I've been happy with 4 speed boxes, as most of us probably have, but I was wondering about any long term feedback before I decide to take the plunge and go for the 5 speed box.
Boreham
Main scooter: GP225

I am runnung 2, from mid to full race tune, they are an amazing transformation.
The key is installing and setting up correctly, they get a bit of bad press but they are not a 'plug and play' if in doubt get a ptofessional to fit
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Love my Cyclone and works well with an RT225....5 is a bit of an overdrive gear for me but saying that it still pulls well. A mate had highly tuned engines but has gone back to a more standard set up and 4 speed. Your only young once, go for it..
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

I have 2, first one is number 27 still working done well over 20k miles in a torquey RB 260. 2nd is a supreme version in my Misano RB 260 even torquier !! Done around 8000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Fantastic bit of kit.
Like many,I've always got in with 4 speed (because I didn't know any different?on a Bretta) but have owned and ridden some decent performance two stroke bikes so know the advantage if more gears close together with there ratios. The Cyclone went into a motor that pulled the gap between 3rd and 4th anyway but now it's just even better. great acceleration without having to have lots of HP. Recommend this to anyone and so glad I fitted one. Totally changed the motor.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Anyone using an MB 5 speed box?
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I'm waiting for the money from my arm and leg. Although, I've just realised I won't be able to ride the scooter now. :-(
Toot-oasc
Main scooter: Lambretta

Yep, I personally recommend a Cyclone 5 Speed following my use over the last 3 years, and upwards of 6-7,000 miles.

When I riding my other scooters that don't have a 5 speed box I'm always looking to change up from 4th.

Bought another Cyclone to fit to my next engine, impressed with them that much.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Love my Cyclone! To say it has transformed my scooter would be an understatement :D
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

Absolutely love the Supreme version in my GP, just wish I could afford two more, poor pensioner and all that!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information