Gear bix question

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Snails

Hi

Had to strip my gearbox and reassemble - once assembled its not that easy to turn by using the spider. I can turn it by hand but its not that easy. Using a socket drive it is fine.

Should I be worried, is there anything I can do?

Its not the big shim clearance causing the issue. The engine is in the scoot so its not on a bench or anything, not that I really think that makes any difference as its not in gear.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

have you tightened up the nut in the middle of the spider enough?
Snails

Ive not fully torqued it up - just tight enough so that it get to it stop point and then starts moving the gearbox
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

you might try fully torquing it up, if it doesnt pull through fully it can squeeze the shim on the rear of the cluster and make it tight, when you nip it up it pulls the cluster through the bearing in the gearbox endplate and it should then run smooth and free, if that doesnt fix it you might have to strip and inspect
Snails

Doh. I'd doubled up the shims under the gear cog by putting the large sprocket shim on as well! Less haste more speed ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information