expansion exhaust design

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

hi folks,
some of you might have seen my rotax 290 build thread, its nowhere near done yet, but im thinking about the exhaust already, its good to plan ahead isnt it, i did buy a nos expansion off a 300cc crosser with the intention of cutting it up and fitting it on to my rotax conversion,but as we all know exhausts are so important on a 2 stroke, and i dont want to spoil the conversion with a duff exhaust so i was thinking about building my own. has anyone used the 2 stroke wizard tuned pipe expansion software, was it easy to use, and did the pipe work well when finished, or did you use something else,
thanks in advance,
holty
:D
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

holty you might want to try Mick Abby tuner he builds one off exauhsts he's in Stockton now I have his number even just for a chat and I would think rich tailor will have worked out an exauhst to fit his rotax kit or at least the tuned length required
RManson
Main scooter: Jet 200

I've used the software and the results that came out were mighty close to the pipe that I used, so I aborted the thought of fabricating a new pipe. Turns out the MX manufacturers know what they're doing...
Rsport220

There can`t be too many people who build their own exhaust so I`d say give it a go, it would be great to see a picture story (like the rotax 290) as it progresses. There is something special about a well made 2 stroke exhaust, it`s like sheet metal artwork. Have you got a link for the program, the reason I ask is that I`ve fabricated a few exhausts over the years, some of them even worked lol.
Rsport220

and to help with the cone patterns I use the program on www.conelayout.com
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information