Fecked RB20!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Done LCGB C2C at weekend and never quite made it back, :shock: as the photos show :cry:
Looks like a ring peg dropped? Started losing power but kept running until i nursed it to darlington. Thought the head cowl was too blame as lost part of it :roll: Oh well the joys looks like new barrel and piston etc .

goldeneye

OUCH! hard lines baz. still , good nite eh! i would have been in a proper mood if i"d lost that kit...... but you"ve always got a smile on ya face! credit crunch motor ............. ;) it"s the future!good to see ya again mara. :lol: (don"t mention the beard!)
bazman

goldeneye wrote:OUCH! hard lines baz. still , good nite eh! i would have been in a proper mood if i"d lost that kit...... but you"ve always got a smile on ya face! credit crunch motor ............. ;) it"s the future!good to see ya again mara. :lol: (don"t mention the beard!)
:lol: You've got too laugh or cry i prefer the 1st option most of the time !!!!
Cracking night mate good to cya again , credit crunch motors done ya proud 8-) Now if i'd only stuck with my reliable stage 4 engine!!!!
Nae luck with ya jacket then?
Meant to say had a couple old razor blades meant to give ya before we left...... :biggrin: ;)
goldeneye

stick ya st4 back in with a clubby mara, and wang it all over. jacket got "found" after the word got out whose it was........ "sorry, picked it up by mistake".......aye, and ya took my sym card out my fone by mistake as well kidda? ;) must think ive just fallen outta the tree these daft lads........ spare engine comes in handy baz. . shamone brother...... see you on the next one. :lol:
Diablo
Dealer

s**t Baz I'm gutted for ya. Glad to see you've still got a smile on ya face.
bazman

Cheers lads :) Yeah might have too bang other engine back in , as the mrs giving me grief over how much money being spent on bloody mopeds :shock: :lol: :lol:
That tanks the buisness al looks well after being sprayed mate, pity it'll not allow the use of standard carb set up, should have got them cut out at both sides. ;) :)
J1MS

Sorry to see that its broke bazman... I would totally agree with your diagnosis... the squared off damage to the exhaust port is a classic end result of a dropped ring peg when the open end of the ring spins round to gouge at the port :evil: ... Was it the Banshee piston or Vertex that was in there..??
Powolotti
Dealer

i agree, this is typical for a moved ring after dropping the pin

would be interested in the cylinder btw...pm me if you gonna sell it
meet me on Facebook: Michael Powolotti

some of my tuning work:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Powolotti ... 6938811863

my club:
http://www.wiener-spitzbuam.at
bazman

Hi it was the vertex piston, think i recall they have a new piston now after talking to my engine builder few weeks back, did start me thinking why change?
Going to get in touch with af to see what they say..... ;)
ScooterLoopyJohn
Dealer
Main scooter: 1970 GP 195cc A/F s'type

[quote=

Image[/quote]

were has the radius from the squish band into the bowl gone on this head? suspect it was never there, tut tut you know better. sorry to here about the ring peg :cry:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information