Fecked RB20!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Fireman Ash

I gave up eventually, which I guessed they had hoped, as they didn't even contact me....in my case I took my service elsewhere and learnt a valuable lesson...customer loyalty is everything to me. I have 2 scoots to look after and would've have been a good long term loyal customer. I'm fed up when sold replacement parts, which may be of asian origin, only to be told when or if they do fail that there's little or nothing they can do in terms of return or refund!! surely thats what we have Trading Standards, Misdescriptions & Sales of Goods Acts (fit for purpose) for. I think it's time that some dealers took some responsibilty for the parts that they sell ( and not all cheap!!) or not sell them at all as some 'Lambretta' dealers have decided to do. I'll shut up now....good luck all!! :cry:
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Well chaps AF are replacing my top end free of charge , as they think it's a manufacturing defect and are sending back to Asso/vertex . Crank has been checked and is true, all i can say is top service and no bull , did what they said and i'm very happy, nice to have some good feedback for a change well done AF!
bsso78

goldeneye wrote:it did act like a parachute at times ! thats after hitting him with a wayward bottle of water off me backrack, 2 litre an all!..... "sorry ralph, wont do it again......" half an hour later a tin of WD40 flew off and hit him on the napper........ :roll: :lol: you"d have caught that and put it up ya jumper ya tight get! :lol: :lol:
Indeed i would,in fact ive just retraced your steps and retrieved not only the WD40 but nearly 2 litres of water as well you must have only just managed a quick sip of it :bouncing:
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

bsso78 wrote:
goldeneye wrote:it did act like a parachute at times ! thats after hitting him with a wayward bottle of water off me backrack, 2 litre an all!..... "sorry ralph, wont do it again......" half an hour later a tin of WD40 flew off and hit him on the napper........ :roll: :lol: you"d have caught that and put it up ya jumper ya tight get! :lol: :lol:
Indeed i would,in fact ive just retraced your steps and retrieved not only the WD40 but nearly 2 litres of water as well you must have only just managed a quick sip of it :bouncing:
I think he needs that WD40 today.. :lol: ..no need for the water.. :shock:

Sorry bazman for the hijack.. :mrgreen:
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
goldeneye

bazman wrote:Well chaps AF are replacing my top end free of charge , as they think it's a manufacturing defect and are sending back to Asso/vertex . Crank has been checked and is true, all i can say is top service and no bull , did what they said and i'm very happy, nice to have some good feedback for a change well done AF!
WHEY HEY! good news big lad! topper when that happens. mind, shouldnt have gone bang in the first place........... :lol:
Fireman Ash

Well done for getting it sorted and well done to AF. I wasn't being negative about them but just sharing my experience...result buddy!!
ScooterLoopyJohn
Dealer
Main scooter: 1970 GP 195cc A/F s'type

Powolotti wrote:
ScooterLoopyJohn wrote:
were has the radius from the squish band into the bowl gone on this head? [/quote wrote:
I think this could be a thread on it´s own, but when you look at modern (mid 90´s upwards) cylinderheads from 2-strokes there is no radius from the squish area to the bowl.
There are a few articles in the www as well about this design, interesting to read...
While i would agree with the idea that no rad is better for power, having a rad makes for a nicer engine to drive, ie less heat retained, better fuel burn and more low down tourque. but you pays your money and takes your own choise on this one.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information