oiltech casing alterations

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
225worb
Main scooter: Vespa 225, Falc , 230 S2

Never..............................what on earth do you mean......
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

:?:

Hey bud...I've been following this post, and was curious to see how much weld was around the entire spigot area? Its a stud conversion after all, so why so much weld?

:?
garry inglis wrote:Well it leaked like a siv all round the welding on the top and bottom I've spent £2500 on this engine and am resorting to £5 worth of Jb weld to try and sort it out fuxking ridiculous Image

:arrow: Our web team recently posted up an interview i did with Paul from Oiltek, really nice guy, very helpful and professional...the interview includes images of his CNC conversion process, see here (you can click on the images to enlarge): http://www.scootering.com/scootering-cl ... ht-oiltek/

I cant see any part of the process which results in having a casing with as much work/welding as yours, so am curious to know whats go on...any ideas? Have you spoken to Paul about the air-leak issue, to see if he can help?

:?: :?: :?:
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

That's all the gunk he's plastered on it I think.
Morgan
Main scooter: T5 Vespa Mk1

I wonder if the casing leaked before the modification ?
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Hi dan the casing was fine a good gp 150 I've had for years there was some pin holes in the spigot witch I filled with Jb weld as I have shown in the pics as I've built this engine all I've done is give the welding a coat of Jb that is the welding underneath as I said during the build I had total confidence in the welding but as soon as I did a leek down test it showed bubbles all along the top weld and three or four on the bottom weld area that's why I covered it all what's the point of getting in touch it doesn't fix it I've already picked a 200 casing up and started the rebuild today I started this thread to show what I was doing with the casing not to knock Oiltek but I started with the truth and I'll finish with the truth not just the bits that certain people don't like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
garry inglis

New 200 casing Image

Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Gary.....reading your post here and just though i'd chip in, but as a point of note, I have a pal who built a 186 Mugello on a small block with TV 175 gearing and Gori clubman who was worried about lacking power and being able to keep up with others, but he keeps up tight with all the TS 1's he rides with and there's no noticeable difference between the scooters.

As a result i'm doing the same on another small block case I have for a series 1 project.
garry inglis

Sounds good strummer10 this engine build was just this winter project as over the last 3 years I've built two scooters and just thought I'd build a ts1 as I want a gp next build

garry inglis

I got straight on with putting this engine together yesterday and a bit further this morning no air leeks on thisImageImageImage

Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Garry......blimey nearly done then !! What's the spec you've used for the TS1 again ?

Incidentally, how much was the 200 cc casing
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information