Ultimate Engine Spec - Based on New Casa Case

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

^ TS1
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

I use a Misano casing, Steel lined RB250 barrel, 64mm Misano Crank 125mm Rod. Cyclone Ultimate gearbox, AF surflex clutch, 21 x 47 close 5th gear (4.48), Franspeed supertourer, 35 mm mikuni carb, It all goes together nicely to make a superb touring engine. with decent fuel economy for me,
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Taylor Tuning, Indian casing, Monza 225 kit, 62 stroke crank, LTH clutch, GP200 gearbox, TMX27 carb, TSR modified [TT] exhaust, 35 bhp, 25 lbs ft torque. Probably ticks most of the boxes and considerably cheaper than most of the new kits. I do realise that for some people that cost isn't an issue though.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

jonashford wrote:I use a Misano casing, Steel lined RB250 barrel, 64mm Misano Crank 125mm Rod. Cyclone Ultimate gearbox, AF surflex clutch, 21 x 47 close 5th gear (4.48), Franspeed supertourer, 35 mm mikuni carb, It all goes together nicely to make a superb touring engine. with decent fuel economy for me,
That sounds like a really well put together spec for a decent set of 'fast-touring' components although I'd probably have looked at the Dellorto 30mm flat slide instead of the TMX.

Tell me more...

Was the spec sheet your own concoction or that of a dealer?

Also...who built the engine? You or a dealer?

What ignition did you go for?

Why was the RB steel lined....and were the timings altered or left standard?

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
MaDMAn

corrado wrote:Taylor Tuning, Indian casing, Monza 225 kit, 62 stroke crank, LTH clutch, GP200 gearbox, TMX27 carb, TSR modified [TT] exhaust, 35 bhp, 25 lbs ft torque. Probably ticks most of the boxes and considerably cheaper than most of the new kits. I do realise that for some people that cost isn't an issue though.
Is this a complete package he offers?
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Tell me more...

Was the spec sheet your own concoction or that of a dealer? Its more of a development over a few years, Ive had RBs for the past 6 years and blown a few up, so the steel liner was a better move, bores dont last as long but thats a small price to pay if u nip it up on a motorway abroad.

Also...who built the engine? You or a dealer? I built the engine as I always do, I prefer to know exactly wats gone in and wat has gone wrong wen it does. Previously (2014) with a steel lined RB, cyclone gearbox supertourer 35 tmx af clutch engine with a 62 mm crank 107 rod, I won the lcgb BSM. The first and only RB to so far complete every rally on the bsm year list! So its a proven set up, The Misano just reinforces that set up if u can reinforce a lambretta? The 64mm 125 rod misano crank is one of ten made by Tino as a special order. Also forgot to add Im using new RB carbon reeds fitted last year and showed no sign of wear compared to the std ones that need changing every 3000 miles or so

What ignition did you go for? Ignition is the Misanos varitronic

Why was the RB steel lined....and were the timings altered or left standard? Ive blown up many RBs, steel IMO is far better. The top of the barrel was welded and timings lowered, I cant explain any more as I didnt carry out any of that work, I left all that to Ben at AFs, I always do, as I dont get involved in all that, its much too complicated and time consuming.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
eden
Dealer

Don't know about one based on a new casa case but I'll be building and testing one of these soon on a purpose made GT case. ;)

cant wait :lol:

psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

^ this needs its own thread, looks like an interesting read :ugeek:
eden
Dealer

psychedelicropcircle wrote:^ this needs its own thread, looks like an interesting read :ugeek:
If you mean the LC GT...... I will make a thread when and as I build and test it :)
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I notice the cranks a Pro Porting crank....isn't there a GT crank suitable ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information