Gori GP50 or JL Snail ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Leo,I'm quite surprised it wouldn't pull that ratio on your Avanti especially your spec,what else has been done to it? I found it produced some very good torque.Ok,I'm running a Cyclone but even at about 50mph in 5th,it pulled like mad even two up but then my spec probably different to yours.
joespeed

soosh wrote:Leo,I'm quite surprised it wouldn't pull that ratio on your Avanti especially your spec,what else has been done to it? I found it produced some very good torque.Ok,I'm running a Cyclone but even at about 50mph in 5th,it pulled like mad even two up but then my spec probably different to yours.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

soosh wrote:Leo,I'm quite surprised it wouldn't pull that ratio on your Avanti especially your spec,what else has been done to it? I found it produced some very good torque.Ok,I'm running a Cyclone but even at about 50mph in 5th,it pulled like mad even two up but then my spec probably different to yours.
I'm guessing one of you has the 22mm tail pipe and the other the 25mm? Got to make a difference somewhere.
Leo
Main scooter: Lambretta

It pulled it in 3rd but in 4th it was strong enough to hold the power but never got into the real meat of the power.

Avanti 110x60 crank, VHSH carb. Scooteronic Adv/Rtd external pick up, I did have a slight electrical misfire when testing the GP50 but when I fitted BGM with same misfire the scooter was transformed. Like I said I might go back to it one day but I want to be happy for my trip to Italy this year and then maybe try the GP50 again. It was a crazy ride in third but I never got it into that part of the power in 4th. I am looking for a scooter with no real snappy power band, just a nice smooth easy ride that will cruise 65 ish.

I've considered fitting a late GP200 Indian box as the 3rd to 4th jump is much less, would be more like a close ratio 5 speed with the gear between 2nd and 3rd missing. Maybe then the GP50 would work much better as it would hold the power better whilst changing from 3rd to 4th.
Scooterdude

hendy wrote:
Scooterdude wrote:
Well it's all finished, looks and fits fine but Jesus is it noisy!
So how does it ride?
Well spent the best part of the day over at Harry's and after experimenting with different carbs we settled for a PHBH 28 BS (the one without the power jet and the mixture and idle screws on the left) Harry was surprised how well it pulled right off the bottom and kept on pulling to 9000 (his estimation).
So I'm now a very happy chappy as I was very worried it would end up having loads of top end and not a lot else.
soosh

What's it like on the road though?
Scooterdude

soosh wrote:What's it like on the road though?
Very smooth, I am running a 61-115 crank though so guess that helps. Been out trying to fine tune the jetting today, pulls strongly right off the bottom and revs hard, maybe a slight lull in the output at just after 1/2 throttle but barely noticeable so may need to go up a needle? Can't remember were the clip is so may get away with moving that.
soosh

Just the job then. Nice one.
Scooterdude

soosh wrote:Just the job then. Nice one.
Well not really all the hastle it's given me, not to mention the noise issue that I'm really going to have to sort out. I feel like a right antisocial yobbo riding through the village what with all the old dears tutting as I go by :lol:
soosh

What topend is it again?
I was expecting mine to be loud but it's not too bad at all,certainly louder than my old clubman but not excessive. You got a big exhaust port?
You certainly had a Friday afternoon pipe but at least you got a bit knocked off it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information