Gori GP50 or JL Snail ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Scooterdude wrote:Ok I've been on to Rimini, and after several email exchanges with Dean he tells me that on the Mugello barrel the maker decided to turn the exhaust port which alters things slightly meaning they don't fit properly.

Also he tells me the 22mm tail pipe will be fine for my kit as its a 199cc piston ported set up, just a shame I wasn't given the option on the checkout as it clearly states 25mm on the main heading of the add on their site.

Anyway despite me stripping the lacquer and altering the pipe to make it fit he has very graciously offered to meet me part way on the cost to help me out, seems a very reasonable fella.
Look forward to hear how this performs on your motor.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

ImageImage

Well it's all finished, looks and fits fine but Jesus is it noisy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

you need aloud exhaust because the horns are crap people hear you coming and move lol
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Scooterdude wrote:
So how does it ride?
Scooterdude

hendy wrote:
Scooterdude wrote:
So how does it ride?
Will let you know more when I get it jetted next week as it runs awfull at the moment, im more concerned about the noise though, it's seriously bad I may end up having to graft on one of the larger end cans off an expansion pipe.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

I've heard the newer ones will be quieter. Whether that's true and by how much remains to be seen.
gio695
Main scooter: Lambretta Li125 Series3

I have an older "Sport" version, i think it's only 36mm. It's LOUD! Especially for the person riding behind you.
I put a modified end can for BGM on it.
( http://www.mr-partsandstyle.de/epages/6 ... cts/ESDBGM )
It's better, but still not perfect.
I think one for expansion exhaust might help a little more...
Scooterdude

hendy wrote:I've heard the newer ones will be quieter. Whether that's true and by how much remains to be seen.
Yes you said you were waiting for the new one coming out in a few weeks I just hope you don't have a wait like the dudes waiting for the new (and supposedly better) BGM.
One things for sure, it definitely can't be any louder. And possibly it may just fit!
Scooterdude

gio695 wrote:I have an older "Sport" version, i think it's only 36mm. It's LOUD! Especially for the person riding behind you.
I put a modified end can for BGM on it.
( http://www.mr-partsandstyle.de/epages/6 ... cts/ESDBGM )
It's better, but still not perfect.
I think one for expansion exhaust might help a little more...
Many years ago I bought a lovely stainless steel silencer from a scrap yard with the intention of fitting it on one of our big compressors, well it was identical construction to the one on the Gori albeit somewhat bigger with a straight perforated tube with an outer core of sound deadening, well we fitted it and it was as noisy as hell so what I did was to cut a circle of metal then cut that in half so we had two half circles, I welded one to the perforated mesh in one end and the other the opposite end but the other way round, to my way of thinking it would deflect the sound into the core, well I fitted it and it worked really well so may start by doing something along the same lines as that to the Gori.
Leo
Main scooter: Lambretta

Scooterdude wrote:Ok guys lets not get carried away now. Firstly I must have Been under the mistaken belief that they all had a 25mm tail pipe, secondly SULK must have thought that there was an option but in actual fact it's only the ts1 version that has a 25mm tail pipe, it's there in black and white in Donny's link.

I have tried phoning Rimini were I bought it from but they won't answer the phone, also sent them a FB message regarding having the plating done and was enquiring as to what the packing was and would it be damaged, as of yet they haven't replied as the message doesent apear to have been seen yet.

When I received the exhaust someone had written "GP" on the bracket so it must be right.

I'm sure it's only me that's got s**t end of the stick and yours will be fine, but as I said in an earlier post I'd already started removing the lacquer (which came off very easily with a blow lamp) so was not really in a position to send back but luckily was able to sort it out myself so now it's better than new.

Must admit though I'm still pissed of that the tail pipe is only 22mm and feel slightly mislead but like I said its there in Donny's link.

Wasn't there a guy who wrote a thread on here a month or so ago about fitting a gp50 and was asking weather he should cut a section out of his cross member or bash the front of the pipe in to get clearance? Maybe he ended up sending his pipe back and it's his I've been sent?

And amidst all the internet guff about the tail pipe overheating has anyone actually overheated then changed the tail pipe and not overheated? I very much doubt it...

That was me, my pipe fitted the around the engine and cylinder no problems. It clashed with the frame but I bent the frame up a bit and shortened the rear shock 5mm.

I got the thing sorted but the performance wasn't what I was looking for.

It would not pull top gear on 5.38 gearing on a SX200 box 14-48 sprockets on an Avanti 238cc long stroke motor. It was fun in third. Maybe it didn't suit my cylinders power curve.

I fitted a BGM and it will pull 5.0 easily and am considering going to 4.9.

It isn't my pipe as my GP50 is languishing in the scrap pile as the coating burnt off the U bend almost instantly, I bet if I did 50 miles with it fitted I would be amazed probably nearer 20. Its a nice pipe but not what I was looking for power wise. I might try it again some time but not for now.

Here are photos of GP50 fitted and clearance. no brackets were cut or modified.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information