Gori GP50 or JL Snail ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:Pictures work perfectly....!

Easy ain't it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I found it quite difficult to be fair and I prefer the Google look rather tapatalk but like you say good for posting pictures.
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

My god,thats major surgery.Mine just went straight on.
I would have sent it straight back,coating on or off.

Scooterdude

dave411 wrote:My god,thats major surgery.Mine just went straight on.
I would have sent it straight back,coating on or off.

Yes major surgery but I'm rest assured that my main bracket won't fall off anytime soon, yours however probably will if quality of the welding is like mine was. If you look closely at the picture of the back of the bracket you can see they actually missed the bracket on the right hand side and welded down the box instead!

It fits as well if not better now than the Scootopia pipe which to be fair quality wise is in a league of its own, if I build another scooter any time soon it will automatically have a Scootopia pipe albeit stripped and plated.
dave411

Scooterdude wrote:
soosh wrote:
Scooterdude wrote:Cheers for that, but look how bad the coating is and how easily and quickly it burns off.
Just like most coatings.
No not like "most coatings" I sprayed my Scootopia clubman back in May last year with 1200 degree paint and it still looks like new, the lacquer on the Gori looks as though it burns right off going by that video.

My plan was to strip it and have it nickel plated (I think someone did a BGM the same way a couple of years ago) but now have been advised the acid will dissolve the internal silencing packing so am thinking of having the down pipe plated and the box high temp powder coated.
How about Ceramacoat?
Had my Ancelloti done,will get the Gori done to.Ceramachrome,thats the stuff.

Scooterdude

dave411 wrote:
Scooterdude wrote:
soosh wrote: Just like most coatings.
No not like "most coatings" I sprayed my Scootopia clubman back in May last year with 1200 degree paint and it still looks like new, the lacquer on the Gori looks as though it burns right off going by that video.

My plan was to strip it and have it nickel plated (I think someone did a BGM the same way a couple of years ago) but now have been advised the acid will dissolve the internal silencing packing so am thinking of having the down pipe plated and the box high temp powder coated.
How about Ceramacoat?

Already taken it to the local platers to have Electroless nickel plated, the geezer said it will be ready on Wednesday.
dave411

Scooterdude wrote:
dave411 wrote:
Scooterdude wrote: No not like "most coatings" I sprayed my Scootopia clubman back in May last year with 1200 degree paint and it still looks like new, the lacquer on the Gori looks as though it burns right off going by that video.

How about Ceramacoat?

Already taken it to the local platers to have Electroless nickel plated, the geezer said it will be ready on Wednesday.
Could you post a pic when its done.
Interested to see the finish Image

Scooterdude

dave411 wrote:
Scooterdude wrote:
dave411 wrote:
How about Ceramacoat?

Absolutely, there's no stopping me, now that Drunk has told me how to do it haha...
dave411

Scooterdude wrote:
dave411 wrote:
Scooterdude wrote:

Absolutely, there's no stopping me, now that Drunk has told me how to do it haha...
Thanks

soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Scooterdude wrote:
soosh wrote:
Scooterdude wrote:Well the euthoria of unwrapping my new Gori GP 50 was short lived. I should have saw it as a bad omen when I checked my tracking info only to find parcel farce couldn't deliver as I was no longer residing at that address!! So anyway after some time spent on the phone it turns out that despite my address being correct on the order Riminni had not only got my house number wrong by over a hundred houses they had got my name wrong as well!

So anyway just being trying unsuccessfully to fit it, what a load of b@11@x. Firstly I try to fit the down pipe to the cylinder and I can't get one of the manifold nuts on, the pipe is at such an angle it touches the stud, kind of sorted that now, (forget about those lovely long brass nuts I bought off of K2 customs at Burton Brewery).

With the down pipe fitted I notice the conector that joins the silencer is cocked up at an angle, try to fit silencer and it's way out, so I cut the side case bracket off the silencer push the pipe on only to find it hits the side case and the tail pipe hits the back tyre! So tomorrow I've got to cut the down pipe in half and shorten by 25mm so I can get the length right turn it a few degrees and reweld, weld a 20mm strip in the side case bracket that I've hack sawd off to lower that so the pipe doesent fowl the side case, heat up and bend the tail pipe so that doesent hit the back tyre, and somehow alter the end can so it doesent foul the chain case.

Oh and that shite that Rimini spout about the tail pipe being increased to 25mm well it's identical to the Scootopia one at 22mm.

I just wish whoever made this pipe had used a jig like all the other pipe makers rather than rely on the end user to sort their mess for them.
Oh and the quality of the welding is deplorable it looks like some of that shite that comes out of India when they run out of gas but carry on regardless!!

Anyway we'll get it sorted but at over £300 I bloody well shouldn't have to....

On the plus side though, they did send me a very nice t-shirt (and surprisingly it fits spot on! More than can be said for the pipe)
That's not too good. Must be a one off,mine did fit a treat and looks spot on. Think you should still speak to Rimini as doubt they look on here.
But if I do that they may ask for the t-shirt back....I really like the t-shirt...

By the way can you confirm the od of your tail pipe Sooch just to be sure mind.
19.97mm but if you take into account of a bit of crap buildup it's 20mm.
Scooterdude

Cheers... I looked on that SULK review earlier and it said "very important" if your ordering one make sure to order the large tail pipe version otherwise you could overheat! Beginning tho wish I'd never bothered now, so it's going to overheat my engine, that's great just great...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information