Gori GP50 or JL Snail ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Scooterdude wrote:Cheers... I looked on that SULK review earlier and it said "very important" if your ordering one make sure to order the large tail pipe version otherwise you could overheat! Beginning tho wish I'd never bothered now, so it's going to overheat my engine, that's great just great...
Did you order it direct from rlc? If so, despite what I said in a previous post, they are 25mm od by default. I can't help thinking though that they've mistakenly sent you the wrong thing or you've mistakenly ordered the wrong thing.

It's got to be worth a phone call at least.

Maybe a perfectly legitimate supplier is getting a bad review here for no good reason. I bloody well hope so as I've just put £350 or so into their bank account.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Certainly putting me off ever buying one!
Donnie.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

I've blasted mine up/down the A34 to IOW and this weekend to Modrapheniacs on an iron barrel. I've had no issues with overheating. Speak to Dean at Rimini if you have any concerns,I'm sure he will help out.
soosh

Donnie wrote:Certainly putting me off ever buying one!
Why?
Donnie

Due to the reports of a piece of shite by Scooterdude
Donnie.
Donnie

Donnie.
soosh

So only one had ever been sold?
Donnie

you'll need to improve your grammar there as I don't know what you are asking? Im pretty sure there's been plenty of gori's sold?
Donnie.
soosh

So if it were a piece of shite,I'm sure you would hear about it from many people as plenty have been sold.
Donnie

Ah you're saying Im not justified in being put off by the report of it being shite because there is only one being reported (that you or I know of)

Hmmmm maybe thats like TSR saying how they have never heard of anyone having problems with their pipes until I told them about mine, or how I wasnt impressed with the underwhelming quality of welding on the MB Clubman I spent over £230 on?

Im pretty sure Im entitled to feel disconcerted by the report of a £350 exhaust that appears to have the fitting quality of a friday afternoon indian big bore, I suspect Im not the only one that would worry about forking over that kind of cash after such a report.
Donnie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information