Inboard brake bleeding help

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tippo88

I have installed a MMW master cylinder and ScooteRS inboard disk with hydraulic conversion and wondering if anyone has any tips on how to fill and bleed. I have the bolt on that caliper end slightly loose and fill and pump the master cylinder, getting a steady dribble of fluid from the caliper end but after a fair bit of re filling the master cylinder and pumping no sign of any resistance at the lever.
Is there an easy way.
Thanks in advance.
Tippo

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk
tippo88

tippo88 wrote:I have installed a MMW master cylinder and ScooteRS inboard disk with hydraulic conversion and wondering if anyone has any tips on how to fill and bleed. I have the bolt on that caliper end slightly loose and fill and pump the master cylinder, getting a steady dribble of fluid from the caliper end but after a fair bit of re filling the master cylinder and pumping no sign of any resistance at the lever.
Is there an easy way.
Thanks in advance.
Tippo

tippo88

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk[/quote]
tippo88 wrote:I have installed a MMW master cylinder and ScooteRS inboard disk with hydraulic conversion and wondering if anyone has any tips on how to fill and bleed. I have the bolt on that caliper end slightly loose and fill and pump the master cylinder, getting a steady dribble of fluid from the caliper end but after a fair bit of re filling the master cylinder and pumping no sign of any resistance at the lever.
Is there an easy way.
Thanks in advance.
Tippo

LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

When ever I have bled brakes from new I have got a large syringe and put a tube on the bleed nipple and forced the fluid up to the reservoir
Mag
Main scooter: Carbon GP TS1

I would take out the slave cylinder from the back plate to bleed it. In place it is bound to be full of air and will not clear as the hose runs lower than the cylinder.

Place it so the run on the hose runs to without some of it being lower than the cylinder so the air can rise easily. On the Chiselspeed and MB inboard conversions I had, I would push the piston out a little way on the slave cylinder, fill the void with fluid, nip up the hose and push the piston home forcing out any air up the hose.
tippo88

Thanks guys! The ScootRS piston doesn't have a bleed nupple so can't use the syringe trick though it sounds line a good one . Will take the slave cylinder out and see how that works.

kejj

Take the slave out. Pull the piston out a halfway or so. Fill with liquid. Push the piston back in. Watch out for fluid coming out from the master!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YAMLAM

no bleed nipple ??? how you gonna stop air re-entering the system ?
win or lose have a booze
tippo88

YAMLAM wrote:no bleed nipple ??? how you gonna stop air re-entering the system ?
The ScootRS ones don't have bleed nipples and they say can be bled with the nut. I ordered a bolt with bleed nipple from Beadspeed but when it arrives just got the bolt and the nipple was missing Image

HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I'm just curious to know why air should re-enter the system just because there's no bleed nipple.If the correct bolt is used with washers either side of the banjo and its tightened correctly no air should get in.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information