Homemade DC wiring Loom

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
diesel
Playstation gamer tag: speilekorps
Main scooter: lambretta li 150 s1 1958

Could any of the electrical gurus tell me the gauge of cable required to manufacture a loom. Is 25amp 2mm sq thin wall insufficient, overkill or just right. Would different functions require different gauges? i.e battery feed versus pilot light. I realise that needing to ask something as basic as this may lead to calls of " if you don't know that don't try making a loom" but indulge me please.
I thank you in advance.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/s ... a3016fcbf7

I use the thin-wire multicore for my wiring. So much easier to use.
Did you have to do that?
diesel

Yes but what Gauge or amp rating do you use DigDug?
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

diesel wrote:Could any of the electrical gurus tell me the gauge of cable required to manufacture a loom. Is 25amp 2mm sq thin wall insufficient, overkill or just right. Would different functions require different gauges? i.e battery feed versus pilot light. I realise that needing to ask something as basic as this may lead to calls of " if you don't know that don't try making a loom" but indulge me please.
I thank you in advance.
If you dont want this company to make you a wiring loom,you can give them a call and ask what gauge of cable is the best to use.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Lambretta ... SwShJXL5nq
Morgan
Main scooter: T5 Vespa Mk1

1.00mm will be fine. As said the stranded is easier to work with (more strands the better) and stranded also carries more current than solid.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Does anyone know where you can buy the same gauge and colours used in a Lambretta loom? I need to make a loom for my chopper and having the rift gauge and colours would be useful
dennis
Main scooter: 1 gp 1 special

Just buy a caravan cable off of ebay,about £2 a metre all the colours are in the cable plus extra colours,i used the whole cable as a loom,got extra lights on my scoot.
diesel

Thanks lads
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Thanks, I bought a 5m 7-core cable for trailer/caravans off eBay for about £7 delivered. Should be more than enough!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information