Af new cylinder head

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
vicvega
Main scooter: Scomadi

Don't know if I'm losing it but I'm sure I saw a new cylinder head from AF but can't find any info on it anywhere. Did I dream it or can anyone shed any light on this.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

It's in the last edition of Scootering...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
vicvega
Main scooter: Scomadi

Cheers
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

heres some pics i took of the new head, this was the rb20 i think.
i think ben said they are waiting for the cowlings, that was 2 weeks ago, they have extra fins to the avanti head and wont fit onto the avanti, but fit all the others, my suzuki 190 conversion is going to get one.
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

Did Ben say how much they'll be?
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

i think he said about 150 off the top of my head, it might have been just a little less, quality bit of kit.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

... off the top of my head.

I'm loving your work Holty
Martin
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Thanks... I did the original production drawing for Ron (to his design).

;)
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Can't help feel it's a bit naughty. There was an outcry when a someone from Leeds marketed a chain tensioner that was the same as the one sold by Rich Taylor. Apart from a few minor differences I can't see much difference between this head and the ones sold by Ron Moss ? The irony being it doesn't fit an Avanti is not lost on me. AF were selling the Ron Moss head and must have seen good sales figures and wanted to cut out the middle man, good business sense but the scooter world is only small and independents should be encouraged and supported, can't help feel it's morally wrong.

It's a tight market out there and maybe AF should have developed something a bit different rather than jump on the bandwagon...........only my thoughts.......
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

mick1 wrote:Can't help feel it's a bit naughty. There was an outcry when a someone from Leeds marketed a chain tensioner that was the same as the one sold by Rich Taylor. Apart from a few minor differences I can't see much difference between this head and the ones sold by Ron Moss ? The irony being it doesn't fit an Avanti is not lost on me. AF were selling the Ron Moss head and must have seen good sales figures and wanted to cut out the middle man, good business sense but the scooter world is only small and independents should be encouraged and supported, can't help feel it's morally wrong.

It's a tight market out there and maybe AF should have developed something a bit different rather than jump on the bandwagon...........only my thoughts.......
I could be wrong, but I think there might be some sort of gentlemen's agreement between Ron and AF on this I'm order to avoid any unpleasantness....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information