Af new cylinder head

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Kinda reminds me of this! Question is whom designed & built the Death Star Ron or AF?
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

Doom Patrol wrote:You can just imagine the scene at AF. Don't answer that phone. It might be Ron. :-)
They don't anyway ;)
ducksta

ducksta wrote:In all fairness who first produced a clubman exhaust, and how many people have played with the design and called it a clubman.
I think Ron made a super clubman for the Avanti so a bit hypercritical moaning someone has copied One of his products.unless he made the first clubman exhaust.
live life your a long time dead
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

To be honest it all seems like a bit of a storm in a teacup to me. I don't know Ron, but those that do know him say he does good work. But from what I can make out he is not exactly prolific. So, what are you going to do, wait for him to make some more, whenever that might be? Or, knowing that there are people that might want a new cylinder head, make your own? I can understand that it might not exactly be cricket. But people want supply.
Juan

Has Ron any type of TM on this? And presuming if not then just guessing conversation might've gone along the lines of...

RS. Ron, we may need between 100-200 covers per year. Can you cover us?

RM. Dunno, maybe. If I can be arsed.

RS.We need a bit more than that to be fair.

RM. Can't commit.

RS. Yeah, uhm, okay. We'll see what we can do then. Cheers
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Juan wrote:Has Ron any type of TM on this? And presuming if not then just guessing conversation might've gone along the lines of...

RM. Can't commit.

Hey Juan, have you ever dealt with Ron Moss? From your comments I'm "guessing" not.
You won't find better customer service or a more helpful dealer out there in my experience.
Maybe, unless you heard an actual conversation, you should refrain from making one up.
jonzo172

Minority wrote:
Juan wrote:Has Ron any type of TM on this? And presuming if not then just guessing conversation might've gone along the lines of...

RM. Can't commit.

Hey Juan, have you ever dealt with Ron Moss? From your comments I'm "guessing" not.
You won't find better customer service or a more helpful dealer out there in my experience.
Maybe, unless you heard an actual conversation, you should refrain from making one up.
Totally agree with Minority... pretty cheap blow from Juan!
Morgan
Main scooter: T5 Vespa Mk1

Alternatively:

RM. Yes, I want X amount per unit.

RS. We can make them ourselves £5 cheaper.

RM. Is it worth the hassle ? the cost reflects the R and D I put into developing the product.

RS. Yeah but £5 is £5 and we won't have to do as much R and D, we'll be in touch
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

And we all know that if you see anything on the web it must be true.
Good reputation can be too easily tarnished by misinformed or mischievous comments.
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Just getting back to the original post issue......."AF new cylinder head" and floating this query which is playing on my mind !!!

Speaking to a few in the industry they reckon the TS1 kit is fine with the original head fitted and NO overheating issues ? although YES I can see why you would want to replicate the Avanti head to add extra cooling.....but I don't know anyone personally who has seized or had overheating issues, unless others do ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information