Af new cylinder head

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
mick1 wrote:Can't help feel it's a bit naughty. There was an outcry when a someone from Leeds marketed a chain tensioner that was the same as the one sold by Rich Taylor. Apart from a few minor differences I can't see much difference between this head and the ones sold by Ron Moss ? The irony being it doesn't fit an Avanti is not lost on me. AF were selling the Ron Moss head and must have seen good sales figures and wanted to cut out the middle man, good business sense but the scooter world is only small and independents should be encouraged and supported, can't help feel it's morally wrong.

It's a tight market out there and maybe AF should have developed something a bit different rather than jump on the bandwagon...........only my thoughts.......
I could be wrong, but I think there might be some sort of gentlemen's agreement between Ron and AF on this I'm order to avoid any unpleasantness....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes i would think that ray has talked to ron about this before going ahead with these, i would guess ron would not want them to be sold to fit on the avanti( nice work adam) so ron can sell his heads for avanti and rays head wont fit avanti, but will fit on any lambretta barrel as an upgrade, comes pre drilled for cht sensor.
Bufficus

Make sure you check the combustion volume before fitting. I had an Avanti head for my RB225 that came from Rayspeed that only had 19cc. Which gave me a comp ratio of 12:1. I guess it slipped through the net?
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

Contemporary combustion chamber I see. :geek:
Is the traditional offfset Lambretta form now completely out of fashion? :?:

SF
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

^... not with me :)
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

... but thinking about it, you asked about 'fashion' , which makes me about the worst person to comment!
OAP
Dealer

I have left answering this for quite some time in case I went overboard!

The Following Quotes:-

"I could be wrong, but I think there might be some sort of gentlemen's agreement between Ron and AF on this in order to avoid any unpleasantness....? "

"yes i would think that ray has talked to ron about this before going ahead with these"

That is what you would think in a perfect world. Instead why not just stick a few extra bits & holes in it to get over any copyright issues.

It is a good job all new ideas just take a few minuets to draw up on a fag packet & a few pence for the patterns which take half an hour to make during you lunch break and a further 10 minuets to test it. Oops sorry forgot the head cowl, lets just call it 2 hours then. Other wise one would think I might get a bit upset. RM
ducksta

In all fairness who first produced a clubman exhaust, and how many people have played with the design and called it a clubman.
live life your a long time dead
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

I honestly don't understand it. If there is no problem with supply, quality or margin, why go to these lengths?
OAP
Dealer

That is some comparison
OAP
Dealer

I honestly don't understand it. If there is no problem with supply, quality or margin, why go to these lengths?
Thankyou
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information