Indian 225 kits on eBay

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lamaddict

Anyone had a go with them? They look decent value.

I'm thinking about getting one, checking it fully over and chamfering the ports etc.
coaster

I played about with a couple a few years ago, the 225 versions. The port heights were all over the place, the transfers were different both sides and not very square. It is possible to tidy them up though, I fitted a reed valve to my last one and did a couple of thousand miles on it but did go through 3 pistons which was probably down to not getting it set up on a dyno. Either way, when I added up the cost of the barrels, pistons, reed valve etc I'd spent around £700 :shock: and I was staring at a big dimple in the crown of the last piston :roll:

That was the point I figured I would invest in a proper kit and bought an Avanti which was around £550. I would say though that I got a lot of enjoyment playing with the ports with a dremel including raising them. I was told it wouldn't run as I would have upset the angle of the port but not only did it run, it ran very well and is still the fastest engine I have built to date (78 gps)
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

It may seem cheap,but when you add that"cheap" price to the price of a decent kit to replace it (which is what you will have to do eventually)because you cant get it to run properly,it begins to get quite expensive.
Padge
Main scooter: 1969 Lambretta gp

If you already have a 200 then I wouldn't bother with the cheap ally kit, I would buy a 70mm mitaka piston from Ron Moss, (I just bought another for £55 posted !!) get your existing barrel bored/head altered and you will have a far better and more reliable (and more than likely quicker)225 for around the same price as a cheap ally kit
If you want a bit more you can always play with the ports/transfers yourself
Lamaddict

Thanks everyone. I thought about buying an RT225 but can't resist having a play about. Has Ron Moss got a website or whatever?
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Her you go.....https://www.supertune.co/

Nice bloke, Ron will give you good advice if you need it.......
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Yeah just don't expect to buy one of his matching exhausts any time soon!
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Lamaddict wrote:Thanks everyone. I thought about buying an RT225 but can't resist having a play about. Has Ron Moss got a website or whatever?
You do right. 50 for a piston, 40 for a re-bore. Then tune yourself and have some fun or pay 150 and have a grown up do it for you.

Either way it's a lot cheaper and potentially better.
Lamaddict

Wonder if you also have to hone them, check and file the rings if needed as well clean the ports. I had a Rapido 250 once that needed those things done.

I'm tempted :twisted:
a.j

Get it sent to AF for a rebore and new piston, then they'll send it to the shower that run this gaff for tweaking. Did mine two or three years ago and its still going well. Good price all in, AND you can put a nice shiny 225 badge next to the SX on yer legshields. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information