Trail Tech Vapor ----- Any good?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Ordered one - it's in the post :D

How are you all mounting your unit? Any photo's?? ;)

Many thanks!
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

I've been thinking about these for a while and this thread has got me motivated and I've just ordered one as well.

But could do with any hints or photos of fitting the heat sensors.

I appreciate that you can use the ring under the spark plug, but does that get awkward to fit within the plug recess, especially if you are doing plug chops or meddling. Otherwise, i'll fix to the head fins, but any tips of whereabouts on the head. I presume that the wire will have to enter the head cowl at the side of the spark plug for it to connect to a fin, but I can see me snagging this wire when I change the plug etc..

As for the one that fits on to my JL3. is there enough meet in the pipe to tap a hole for the sensor.

Many Thanks

Paul
Hammy
Main scooter: lambretta ts1 225

Paul , ive tried various positions for the heat sensor but by far the best was on top of the spark plug as suggested by dscscotty on lcgb site , piece of black fuel hose just make sure its a tight fit and probably about 10mm in height ,trial and error just make sure you can get the plug cap to snap back on over the plug when its fitted . Ive never snagged the heat sensor wire when removing the plug , good luck mate .
alanscottj

As for the one that fits on to my JL3. is there enough meet in the pipe to tap a hole for the sensor.

Does the Vapor have an EGT sensor??
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

Hi Alan

This is the one I ordered, which does have the EGT

http://www.gammatechnology.co.uk/rtse1000.html
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

That is s gamma ??? Not a vapor! It's better than the vapor imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Muttley McLadd

Not a Lambretta, but mounted on a coop. I had it mounted in the same way on the inside of SX legshields:

No EGT on my Vapor. Mounting for gauge on a JL pipe on coop:

CakeAndArseParty
alanscottj

[quote="Muttley McLadd"]Not a Lambretta, but mounted on a coop. I had it mounted in the same way on the inside of SX legshields:

Thanks Muttley McLadd - is that the bracket that you can buy for them or was that something you made?
alanscottj

Got the Vapor a couple of days ago - fitted opposite my EGT - decided to fit a battery whilst I was at it. Got a battery that sits nicely in my oil/tool carrier next to back wheel - battery only operates EGT and Vapor so not on main loom and fitted a little on/off switch inside tool box door. The Vapor took next to no time at all to fit - and works a treat. Really nice display, easy to read and set up. Happy days :D

ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

alanscottj wrote:Got the Vapor a couple of days ago - fitted opposite my EGT - decided to fit a battery whilst I was at it. Got a battery that sits nicely in my oil/tool carrier next to back wheel - battery only operates EGT and Vapor so not on main loom and fitted a little on/off switch inside tool box door. The Vapor took next to no time at all to fit - and works a treat. Really nice display, easy to read and set up. Happy days :D

Offtopic: do you know if you can disconnect the blue and black cables from EGT body?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information