Race Tour Pistons

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dirtyhandslopez

ulyssescale wrote: I sent the piston away to have the top pin removed and replaced with a welded-in pin.
How does a steel pin get welded into an ali. piston? Put a loop in the pin, fit and weld round it? Just can't picture it :?
That's not going anywhere...
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Alloy pin?
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

No,not alloy.Pressed in steel pins.
ulyssescale

dirtyhandslopez wrote:
ulyssescale wrote: I sent the piston away to have the top pin removed and replaced with a welded-in pin.
How does a steel pin get welded into an ali. piston? Put a loop in the pin, fit and weld round it? Just can't picture it :?

It is my understanding that is exactly how they do it.
A chicken ain't nothing but a bird.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

hes got it right imo
C’est la vie
Bufficus

If they are as bad as their stators then best avoided.
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Bufficus wrote:If they are as bad as their stators then best avoided.

Maybe it's a US thing but I've never had a BGM stator fail (installed 50 or so over the last 5 years). The only problem I've ever had with one was when it was run with a AF light flywheel. Anything above 7500rpm and the bike would misfire.

Proper ground points on clean metal with correctly crimped connectors = reliable electronics
ulyssescale

I ran a v1 BGM stator for 7 years. The later ones had issues with RFI/noise at higher RPMs, but a filter was developed and the issue solved. Of course, that filter is a US$30 solution on top of the cost of the BGM stator.
A chicken ain't nothing but a bird.
eden
Dealer

Toot-oasc wrote:
ulyssescale wrote: The cylinder was returned for repair. MB was as nice as he could be about it, but it seems unfair to make it sound as if MB is personally responsible. Failures happen. It is being repaired and I'm confident I'll be just as happy with it post-repair as I was before it failed.

I much prefer doing more riding than complaining.
You've had a level of customer service that I, and I know lots of others, haven't been offered when ring pens have failed on these pistons.

Maybe the message has finally sunk in that treating your customers like they are sh*t off your shoe doesn't help maintain repeat business?

I like nothing better than riding rather than complaining, however when large scale failures are occurring on a specific part you would expect a product recall, not to blame your customers with feeble excuses such as mixing oil....

Just setting out my own personal experience, I'm sure others can speak of their own experiences.

He probably just doesn't like you ;)
Which is the one and only thing MB and I have in common
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

eden wrote:
Toot-oasc wrote:
ulyssescale wrote: The cylinder was returned for repair. MB was as nice as he could be about it, but it seems unfair to make it sound as if MB is personally responsible. Failures happen. It is being repaired and I'm confident I'll be just as happy with it post-repair as I was before it failed.

I much prefer doing more riding than complaining.
You've had a level of customer service that I, and I know lots of others, haven't been offered when ring pens have failed on these pistons.

Maybe the message has finally sunk in that treating your customers like they are sh*t off your shoe doesn't help maintain repeat business?

I like nothing better than riding rather than complaining, however when large scale failures are occurring on a specific part you would expect a product recall, not to blame your customers with feeble excuses such as mixing oil....

Just setting out my own personal experience, I'm sure others can speak of their own experiences.

He probably just doesn't like you ;)
Which is the one and only thing MB and I have in common

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information