Nk rally exhaust jetting

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Bensmith225
Main scooter: Lambretta gp monza 225

Hello I bought a gp with a monza 225 phbh 30mm carb and a stainless dj exhaust, it's runs rough as anything mid range telling me the jetting is out untill it hits the power band which is too high up the Rev range for my liking. I've bought an nk rally exhaust for a better spread of power. Just wanted to know if anyone runs an no on a monza/ts1 and what kind of jetting I should start off with. Also is it worth fitting a mikuni tmx 30mm carb for better response. Cheers for any advise
Boreham
Main scooter: GP225

The Monza can be temperamental on a PHBH, i have a couple and the best results have been 55 pilot, X2 needle, AV266 atomiser, the slide is the usual issue off idle, it needs to be quite lean, either 45 or even 50 (you can do this yourself with a dremmel and a steady hand.
The TMX carbs work very well and easy to set up, i have tried both 30/35mm versions, very simple compared to the Dellorto and runs much cleaner, 20.5 pilot, 56 needle, 310 main.
Bensmith225

Cheers for the advice mate, I might wait till the end of the month and just buy a tmx if it's an easier carb to use. What kind of power are you getting out of your setups?
Boreham
Main scooter: GP225

The Monza kit is similar to the TS1 but has smaller transfers, if tuned can produce good results, they deliver smoother power delivery (in my opinion), i run a heavily modified kit on a 62x110 crank and gives around 28bhp.
Good luck with the build
Bensmith225

What clip position should I use on the needle?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information