MBD strengthened ( lightened ) clutch crown wheel

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
watto66

Hello All ,

I need a stronger clutch centre spider to fit my Rapido 250 motor it will be going into a MB Developments crown wheel probally with a readspeed 5 plate clutch . I know the obvious would be to purchase the MB clutch spider but I can't quite stretch to it money wise at the moment can anybody suggest an alternative ? Motors spec is nothing radical Rapido 250 , BGM pipe ! BGM Stator and flywheel , 30mm dellerto with LTH reed valve .

Many thanks
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I was looking at a Scootopia one at the weekend. They looked good. Worth checking out?
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

Atomic spider , buzzsolo stock them £55.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Atomic spider was too short for my MBD crownwheel. Check it if you go down that route.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
fairspares

My road lamby has an af machined deeper sil crown wheel with atomic spider and mrb pressure plate and ive got the reedspeed 6 plate clutch fitted , i dont know how deep the mrb crown wheel is but the atomic spider is made for 5/6 plate clutch kits , in my sprinter engine i have a very deep tino crown wheel , atomic spider and mrb pressure plate and 7 surflex 2.5mm greens with 1.2mm steels.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Sorry I should have been more clear - the base of the spider didn't protrude from bottom of the sprocket. It would have locked up if tightened down.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
fairspares

rosscla wrote:Sorry I should have been more clear - the base of the spider didn't protrude from bottom of the sprocket. It would have locked up if tightened down.
ah yes i had this with the tino crown wheel but it was only slightly short , i removed a small amount from the crown wheel centre to stop it locking up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information