Kickstart not (always) engaging.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

psychedelicropcircle wrote:Well the 5p trick didn't work for me, it pushed the circlip out. He's a plumber time to put his hand in the pocket :twisted:
Did you put the circlip in the right way around.
eden
Dealer

psychedelicropcircle wrote:Well the 5p trick didn't work for me, it pushed the circlip out. He's a plumber time to put his hand in the pocket :twisted:
why did you take the circlip out? just take the pin out of the plunger, pull the plunger and spring out and drop the 5p on top of the washer. if it pushed the circlip out there is an issue with the circlip or/and groove.
PJF

Alright pal

I had the same problem with an engine I was working on a few weeks ago.

The groove in the kickstart shaft had worn where the pin goes up and down and I ended changing the kickstart shaft in the end which resolved the problem!!

I did all the stuff suggested in the other posts and the kickstart piston seemed ok so I kept putting the crankcase side back on.

However when it was under pressure it kept sticking

After taking the crankcase side off several times I gave up and changed the shaft which as I said sorted the problem for me!!!
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

10 inch t not sure I know wot you mean?

Eden tomayto ~ tomato

Pete I'll pull a side case of mine and see if that solves it. Catch you for a beer in Kilkenny pal ;)
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

psychedelicropcircle wrote:10 inch t not sure I know wot you mean
The drive sprocket was worn almost flat so it could ride over the drive sleeve dog. So as I kicked it over no force was put through the crank to turn it over everything just spun at the front sprocket. I obviously looked at the kickstart plunger 1st. If you had a lot of iron filings on your magnet that could be an indication that the sprocket is worn.
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Got the lad to buy a new gear and whilst stripping it down found a loose endplate. The engine is an all singing & dancing built 800 miles ago by a well known tuner, so the last thing is expect was loose anything. Lambrettas you can't beat em :twisted:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information