Clubman exhausts...

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bjhart
Main scooter: Lambretta series 2

While the jury seems to be still out on the longevity of the BGM pipe, I am sticking with my rather noisy Ancilotti has anyone fitted one of the various mufflers to this type of pipe and if so;
1. Does it have much affect on the noise?
2. Does it affect performance noticeably?
bjhart

Scooterdude wrote:
Timbo wrote:.....my replaced BGM clubman has arrived, brilliant customer service from scooter Centre.. 8-)
Which is good but if it drops to bits like the first one then what's the point??
Well I have had a few issues with SC parts but you cannot doubt their customer service, only letting them know about issues/ breakages and their apparent desire to put things right will resolve the problems IMO.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

bjhart wrote:While the jury seems to be still out on the longevity of the BGM pipe, I am sticking with my rather noisy Ancilotti has anyone fitted one of the various mufflers to this type of pipe and if so;
1. Does it have much affect on the noise?
2. Does it affect performance noticeably?
I run a KBA 42mm clubman on both my series 3 and series 2. A friend of mine runs an Ancilloti 42mm clubman on his and its much noisier than either of mine.As for performance,he has a Muggy 185 with a totally different gearbox to either of mine and I have a Casa 185 on both of mine and to be honest I dont know if his performs better or worse than either of mine.I know that mine were a lot cheaper than his and as already stated,they're much quieter.
bjhart

Sorry the question was does the bolt on muffler have an impact - noise reduction and or performance
Lamaddict

Just got a Scootopia Clubman and wow the quality looks fantastic and it's was great value. I've had AF/ KBA ones which were cheap enough and okay. BGM one that ran okay but the welding was awful and a Sito Ancellotti one which fell apart.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Lamaddict wrote:Just got a Scootopia Clubman and wow the quality looks fantastic and it's was great value. I've had AF/ KBA ones which were cheap enough and okay. BGM one that ran okay but the welding was awful and a Sito Ancellotti one which fell apart.
yes they seem very good, I've had mine since Feb and apart from a very brief romance with a jl3 I'm more than happy with it the quality and fit is excellent, although on mine one of the springs fouls the cylinder cowl (but fell off a while ago so no longer an issue) but I think they have revised the spring position on the new ones now.

Let us know how it performs against the others you have used, be interesting to know.

I wonder if the 48 or 50 mm down pipe makes any difference over the 42mm as the exhaust port is smaller than both, I'd say the diameter of the tail pipe is the game changer.
shaunmc
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

Yeah I run a scootopia clubman too and am impressed with its performance and quality, also one of my springs catches on my cowl but hasn't caused any problems.
Impressed so far.
mawso

If you want real longetivity then source a Ralph Saxelby RS Tuning clubman. The one I have is 19 years old now - RS44 (44mm) Revs on to 9k too if that's what you want.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

mawso wrote:If you want real longetivity then source a Ralph Saxelby RS Tuning clubman. The one I have is 19 years old now - RS44 (44mm) Revs on to 9k too if that's what you want.
My old pipe? If it is then yes,it is 19yrs old and did let the motor rev well.
mawso

Yep you're old RS44 Soosh. Barrel has lasted well too...going in for a first oversize rebore 19 years after it was tuned. I've got a Micron on at the mo' but might stick the RS44 back on again next year to give Tavspeed and his MB BGM a run for it's money lol!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information