Comfortable seats?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Ok so after buying a reproduction of the original duel seat from Beedspeed and now racking up the miles it's becoming quite apparent this may have been a bad choice as I seem to be suffering ever worsening terminal arse ache.
So my question is what's regarded as a really comfortable Lambretta seat? I quite like the Ancillotti seats but the ones I tried today were worse than the one I have.
Is there any one in perticular that is known for comfort? (Ancillotti or otherwise).
Cheers guys.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

GP Electronic. Probably the best standard seat you'll buy. Late Spanish seats as used on the Lince are supposed to be good as well, if not exactly stylish. Aftermarket style, the Pegasus seats are suprisingly comfortable.
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

Pegasus seats are very comfortable but expensive or just buy the Airhawk cushion
Pad and transform any seat into a comfort seat 8-) :D G.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Most comfortable seat I've ever had on any bike was the king and Queen on my 150 super in 1986.

I think I'd rather have a sore arsenal than look as stupid as I did then though :lol:
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Doom Patrol wrote:.... Late Spanish seats as used on the Lince are supposed to be good as well, if not exactly....
Yes, by some way.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

hendy wrote:Most comfortable seat I've ever had on any bike was the king and Queen on my 150 super in 1986.

I think I'd rather have a sore arsenal than look as stupid as I did then though :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

I've an original seat on a Special and had a Guilari slope back on my GP, both killed my bony ass but just fitted hinged TSR race and by far the best seat I've sat on.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I use one that I bought off Ebay,check this thread.
http://www.ilambretta.co.uk/forum/viewt ... eat#p48642
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

I've a Lince seat, which looks like a loaf of bread, plus a re-made electronic seat and both are far more comfortable than standard Series 3 seats. However, still get bum ache on longish UK trips. But for the Euro, bought a neoprene airhawk cushion and absolutely brilliant. No aching arse, instead got tension cramp in arms and shoulder with continual overtaking on Autobahn and hand hovering on clutch lever. But there again, we all suffered the same tension cramps.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Mr G in NYC wrote:Pegasus seats are very comfortable but expensive or just buy the Airhawk cushion
Pad and transform any seat into a comfort seat 8-) :D G.
Was going to post the exact same response!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information