Kangarooing in 5th.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Hi all, RB250 with Cyclone box, and when in 5th it "kangaroos" when on the power. Has anyone any ideas why this would happen? The selector arm isn't fouling the shock mount and the wishbone isn't fouling the casing inside. Cheers Pete.
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Outer cable gator getting compressed?

Photos?
10 inch Terror

There are no gators fitted. I had an issue with worn sprocket / sliding dog collar, but that's be resolved. I've got a few days off now, so I'll have another look. I was hoping for a few pointers to put me in the right direction.
jamjo
Main scooter: gp 150/ 225

Don't know if it's the same but my mate had the same problem or similar and turned out to be the Cush drive . Replaced with a new one and seems to have cured the problem for now .
James
10 inch Terror

jamjo wrote:Don't know if it's the same but my mate had the same problem or similar and turned out to be the Cush drive . Replaced with a new one and seems to have cured the problem for now .
James
I've replaced the sprocket and sliding dog, so I'll change the spring too. At least that will eliminate the Cush drive as the cause.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I had this with my cyclone but it was happening as I was gripping the gear change at speed and actually pushingg it out of gear. I cured this quite by accident after I fitted a large brass MB gear wheel in the headset.
Speed Demon
Dealer

If you have cabling set up so 5th is past 4th on the bars then you can have the problem that the clutch cable is getting trapped inside the headset by the alloy gearchange.

Try adjusting the cables so 5th is in the 4th gear position on the headset and see if that helps.
Get to SULK
10 inch Terror

Cheers fellas, I'm looking at the clutch cable now. It could quite possibly be that. I'll report back shortly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information