Leaking franspeed tourer

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
challenger

My franspeed is Leaking Black oily Fluid out of the joints between the end can and exhaust stub.
Im thinking of refitting it using exhaust Paste, can anyone recommend a decent paste that will stop the leaks and wont cause any problems when taking it apart again?
Im getting fed up of cleaning the exhaust and sidecasing after every ride.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I put Loctite 595(?) silicon in mine a couple of years ago. It's still there and been fine ever since. It is on the join with the actual endcan and the join with the actual pipe.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

ive assembled my exhaust using high temp silicone sealer, and can say its very good, i had my doubts it would work, but no leaks as yet.

holty
challenger

Thanks, Ill seal it with high temp silicon then.
Morgan
Main scooter: T5 Vespa Mk1

Andy Francis (and others) sells a rubber which slips over the joint to help stop this.....
challenger

Thanks, Ive Seen them, they are only for the end can joints.
I dont want to fit one as that only Solves half of my Problem and also because the whole exhaust is gold plated which I dont want to cover it up with a cheap looking rubber.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Morgan wrote:Andy Francis (and others) sells a rubber which slips over the joint to help stop this.....
I had a similar issue with my Franspeed Race, one of these rubbers do seem a good solution however no good for the Race as the springs and hooks are in the way, wondering if the Super Tourer has the same problem?
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Realistically if your end can is leaking oil then you are either running too rich, too much oil or not riding hard enough :D
simonwwfc

Had same issue with mine used high temp silicone to resolve it
challenger

Its Not oil exactly, sort of a Black Petrol smelling thick liquid. Oil Mix is right, Im Not riding hard as Im still running in. Could be running rich though, need to check that then.
Nothing coming out of the end of the end can itself, its Leaking at the springs.
Also thinking that if the exhaust is sealed I might gain a smidgeon more Power.
At least the german Polizei will stop hassling me about it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information