Not pulling...

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Went to set out today and can't get it to pull off in 1st - just bogs down and dies. Starts OK and ticks over but won't pull, revs up and settles down quickly but is definitely 'boggy'

Jetting is -

PHBH30
Breathsweet
40 slide
AV266 atomiser
X2 top clip
53 pilot
125 main
70 choke
300 needle jet

Rapido 230 / JL3 curly Doesn't seem like this should be far away.

Thoughts on what to try?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

Pretty much where my rapido 225 with PM25 was, except I used an X7 needle, 123 main and open mouth.
Is the choke sticking?
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

+1 for the X7 needle.
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Gear cables right way round?
rosscla

wack 63 wrote:Gear cables right way round?
Yes, but you made me look... ;)

The front cable is nearest the wheel i.e. The one that shifts down.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

It's an easy mistake to make.As for the running issue the weather may have richened things up too much?
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

My back really struggled to pull away when we had the really hot weather in Germany on this year's Euro, which could be the case with your bike. I agree that the X2 is fairly rich with the AV266 and it might just be that the hot weather is pushing it 'over the edge'. I didn't bother changing my jetting and the bike returned to normal as soon as the temps dropped.

I guess that you should be determining what throttle position it struggles at, then seeing if this is likely to be a needle/atomiser combo issue. Also, from memory, isn't the next step (between the X2 and X7) the X13 needle?

Adam

Edit: Yes, the X13 sits between the X2 and X7 so don't immediately try an X7 if you have an X13 that you can try... small steps (noting that even the swap to an X13 would be a BIG step).
Last edited by Adam_Winstone on Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Remove your filter mate and try :)
rosscla

I have an X7 and an X13 here will start with the X7 on the bottom clip and see how it goes, thanks for the replies.
rosscla

bazman wrote:Remove your filter mate and try :)
Will give that a go too baz ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information