Disappointing RB20.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
eden
Dealer

works for me, URL Adam gave was the results url, try using this one :)

http://www.scooterhelp.com/tuning/lam.gear.calc.html
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Still not working..
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Any more work on this one or still addressing the gear jumping (other bike)?

Adam
10 inch Terror

I'm still waiting on a 16 tooth sprocket to arrive. The spare one I had was badly worn. I ordered one Monday but didn't finalise the payment! I didn't actually pay for it until Thursday. When it arrives I'll fit it and see how it goes. As for the RB250 I've had a play around with the sprocket combo and fitted a 47 LTH clutch and 18 front sprocket. Rather than the AF 46 / 19 that was on it. The AF was very stiff to pull in and made for uncomfortable traffic riding. I also switched the LTH springs for MB ones. I also re-routed the clutch cable inside the headset and made sure there was sufficient slack when in 5th. I fitted an inline 'easy clutch' device. It's now a very light one finger pull. I took it for a short blast yesterday and it goes very well. The front wheel wants to lift in 1st and 2nd and there seems to be no jumping out of 5th. The clutch may of been slipping slightly so I'll slacken it off a bit and see if that cures it. If not I'll refit the LTH springs as they seem to be much stiffer than the MB ones.
10 inch Terror

Well, I've put a 16 tooth on the front and it's so so much better. Pulls lovely through the gears and is very smooth. I think the carb will need fine tuning and it'll be spot on. Thanks everyone that has commented and helped out.
Adam_Winstone

^... LIKE
10 inch Terror

Adam, did you see my post re backfiring on my RB25? I'm wondering if you have any thoughts on it? Cheers Pete.
Adam_Winstone

Yep, I've just put a response on there but a number of people had already stated some good points. Backfiring is commonly indicative of an issue that means that it is firing at the wrong timing so you need to look for issues that could cause your bike to fire at the wrong time, the most common being a sheared woodruff key. There are lots of other issues that could cause such an issue, even something so simple as a loose/worn HT cap (happened to a pal coming back from our weekly club meeting just a couple of weeks back).

Check the simple things first and good luck.

Adam
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information