Interesting

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lamaddict

Also just read it. If those small block kits are reliable at 10k revs, people might go for them OTR, rather that low reving kits that seem popular now for 'touring'.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

well i have just fit a cassa ss200 and with an ads race got 22.5 and with the ads tourer 20hp 16lb/ft and this is straight out of the box on a li150 pacemaker special :D
eden
Dealer

Lamaddict wrote:Also just read it. If those small block kits are reliable at 10k revs, people might go for them OTR, rather that low reving kits that seem popular now for 'touring'.
Yes, remember the old 190 conversions in the 80's? they went well but the rpm's soon killed them, it will be interesting to see how long bearings in particular last in these new small block motors.
Great results though!!!
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Lamaddict wrote:Also just read it. If those small block kits are reliable at 10k revs, people might go for them OTR, rather that low reving kits that seem popular now for 'touring'.
Indeed, we're talking race reliability here, rather than road reliability. Remember Charlie Edmonds' (or others) comments about stripping the race motor and replacing rings something like every other race, or other racers talking about replacing piston every second race meeting? I'll be f***** if I'm rebuilding my road motor every other week!

Adam
Speed Demon
Dealer

You should have tried racing a Zip in the 90s. "Replacing a piston every meeting, you lucky b@5t@rd..."
Get to SULK
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

^... LIKE
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Very interesting well done SULK, here's hoping a smallblock can win the group 6.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

39hp from 198cc! Mamma mia.

I've always been puzzled why road users have to run their engines in after a rebuild, but racers just go and race full beans with no running in.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

EddieStone wrote:I've always been puzzled why road users have to run their engines in after a rebuild, but racers just go and race full beans with no running in.
This is less of a puzzle in the age of the nicasil lining, but it always worried me in the days of the cast iron barrel, cos that when I was racing (well, circulating)
Martin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information