Which pipe??

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

I'm running an iron 175 barrel clubman exhaust and remade Scootopia sh2/22 carb, runs well and I know they say if it ain't broke don't fix it but I'm after a bit more zip and was thinking of fitting an expansion pipe.

As I really want to keep most of the mid range and am not to worried about out and out top end the pipes that appeal are the JL3 and ADS3, is there much difference between the two? Or for whatever reason because of my set up would I be better off fitting something different?

Economy is important to me as well and I know an expansion pipe will reduce this but which pipes are best in this respect?
Cheers guys.
a.j

BGM Clubman for the standard look, or Taffspeed copy. Priced sensibly,.Both will get you pulling well through the gears, provided your gearing is set up right.

I've learned a lot off here.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Surely what an expansion pipe will give you over a clubman is more top end, if you are not worried about it and economy is important I'm struggling to understand why you would want to change. Maybe consider changing your gearing instead?
Lamaddict

I'd just leave it. I've an AF 175 kit and it runs very well on a SIL (economy) Clubman and 20 Dellorto, putting bigger stuff on might well mess it up.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

You know what Lamaddict? I'm inclined to agree with you...
Bufficus

Scooterdude wrote:I

Economy is important to me as well and I know an expansion pipe will reduce this but which pipes are best in this respect?
Cheers guys.
Recently fitted a Robbospeed expansion to my TS1 255. Went down two atomisers from the Super Tourer I took off.
Jazzy

A bit old school but have a look at a 80s fresco.
It gives clubman like performance but a little more of it.
It's smaller diameter might work better with the smaller cc.
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

For the £250 on a pipe you could upgrade to a gori 200 kit for an extra £25 and change the pipe at later date.
Cam lamp sell them both, they might be able to help.
scootcoot

Ancilotti ..best pipe ive used , gives good bottom mid and top :D
am a doogal r u a doogal too....!
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Chicken and mushroom. I always recommend chicken and mushroom. It is my favourite pie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information