views on pm tuning single disc brake

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

im looking for a front disc brake , wanting something with better stopping power than the disc kits that have the nissan type calipers so im looking at the pm tuning single disc with anti dive , their web page is showing it now comes with new mono billet caliper with 32mm pistons , anyone got one fitted and if so would you recommend it over others.
http://www.pmtuning.co.uk/pm-tuning-sin ... -lambretta
Last edited by fairspares on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
matthew

I don't have a PM front disc, mines a one-off Stoffi's Garage front wheel on my series 1 however it is anti-dive and uses a Grimaca type calliper. It had an original Grimica calliper when I bought the wheel which was fine, I then upgraded to a SIP billet calliper a number of years ago which recently developed a leaky seal that I didn't have time to fix before heading off to Eurolambretta in Germany the week before last so I bought one of the PM Monobloc callipers and fitted that for my trip to Germany. When I fitted the PM calliper I initially struggled to get it to bleed effectively and on inspection I realised that the large black centre star screw which I assume you need to undo in order to load the pistons into the calliper was not tightened sufficiently. This was letting air into the system and also flexing because it was lose when I applied the front brake however once I'd realised this and tightened it up properly it bled fine and seems to offer a lot of stopping power.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

I've the older PM single disc anti-dive on my racer - seems to work ok.
Did you have to do that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information