Cable kits

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Arcadia

Who produces the best cable kits for Lambrettas? I need a new set and wondering which ones to buy.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Scootopia do quality ones. There's BGM as well. They're said to be good.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

I got a set of grey Scootopia ones, great quality but unfortunately they are completely the wrong colour and the oilers are fake. The Beedspeed ones are the right colour but have no Oilers and the rear brake cable is about half the thickness of the Scootopia one. I ended up getting a Beedspeed front brake cable so I could have the correct colour outer but with the better Scootopia inner.
I also got a front brake and clutch cable from someone else (can't remember who know) with removable trunnion nipples with the idea of being able to thread the cable through the levers and fit the trunnions, should I ever need to take off the handlebars, but unfortunately they were a waste of time as they were both to short!
tippo88

I'm in the process of fitting a set of BGM cables, seem to be good quality no oilers but I didn't want them.

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk
operonalan
Main scooter: tv200

Are the ones mentioned above nylon lined ? Are the lined cables better than conventional ?
Scooterdude

Scootopia ones are nylon lined, yes they do run very smoothly
Doom Patrol

Scooterdude wrote:I got a set of grey Scootopia ones, great quality but unfortunately they are completely the wrong colour and the oilers are fake.
Most original cables I've seen are crochety, cracked and half perished. I wouldn't like to say what colour they might have been exactly. And of course the oilers are fake. You didn't really expect them to be real did you?
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

I have recently bought a set of Scootopia cables and they are good. I also like the ones made by Champion that come in a silver-foil packet.

I have written an Oily Rag article on cables, which covers cable sets, trunnions and how to make special cables. Jetset is out in a couple of weeks or less.
Martin
Scooterdude

Doom Patrol wrote:
Scooterdude wrote:And of course the oilers are fake. You didn't really expect them to be real did you?
would have been nice if they were, authenticity and all that. There's a guy in Loughborough who has the correct oilers and a means of swaging them on, Jay Marriott of Vespa and Lambretta works.
Doom Patrol

Well, whatever floats your boat. But then you'd have to have original cables and pump them full of grease etc, etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information