What am I doing wrong?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

shocky wrote:
Padge wrote:why are you running an 18mm carb on a Harry Barlow stage 4 barrel ??
Im running a HB stg4 200 with 110 rod on 22mm jetex and jl pipe it goes really well and will hit a genuine 70 and pulls from 30 in top with no problem I wanted a usable genuine 55-60 mph cruiser
the carb runs genuine dellorto jets atomiser is modded to flow more in the mide range and the float valve opened up to allow more flow on a calibrated sip speedo it hits 30 ,42,58 and 71 mph going through the gears all on a 35 quid 3 ring meteor piston (new type ) that was supplied by HB
yes I was toying with the idea of getting the Scootopia 22mm but after yesterday's fix that stopped the petrol seeping out I may just leave it as it is, mine, like yours pulls cleanly from the bottom but runs out of steam higher up but I'm hoping that will be cured now.
You mention Delortos jets, how important is it to use genuine ones?
shocky

I don't know if just had a box full that I'd collected over the years and heard that jetex could be dodgy
I opted for the hopefully safer option I've just down jetted to a 130 from 135 as the warm weather had made it boggy and 4 stroke altho I have recently changed from mineral oil at 4% to exol fully synthetic at 3% the sip speedo cht didn't change at 55mph reading was still around the 195 Mark (this will vary depending upon were u place the sender so not a general reference point for others)interestingly this rose by 10 deg after a shell fill up at same speeds

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

Just out of curiosity, which Harry Barlow are we talking about, the northern one or Pro Porting Leicester? cheers.Speedy.
shocky

Proporting
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

The Leicester one mate, pro porting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information