Ancillotti exhaust

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Geocamper
Main scooter: Tv175 S2- Li 150 S2 Eibar

Would a Ancillotti clubman type exhaust make a differance to a standard 175 Tv engine on a series 2 also running a standard Dellorto mb21 b5s carb? Looking for a little bit more power through the range.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Yes, but dump the carb.
Geocamper

Would a Dellorto phbl 25 running through the standard airbox or a cone go well with the exhaust?
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

I remember 30 years ago putting on a reverse cone clubman ( the one with a VW pipe ) and a 30mm dellorto on my 175 motor and was absolutely blown away with the increase in performance. It was better in every department.
Geocamper

I think there's a video on YouTube of that using a beetle tail pipe.
Doom Patrol

Mr Camper, you've asked this question before. If it's a late TV, and it probably is with a 21mm carb, then the answer is no. The airscoop is restricted and the airbox will have a narrow neck. In short it will be strangled. You need something like a S1 airscoop, an early TV2 airbox with the thick neck and probably a 22mm carb will do fine, and certainly be easier to set up.
Geocamper

Cheers for your reply. Yes I have asked this question before. It's such a minefield out there with regards to set ups it's doing my head in. I'm just looking for the best performance I can get from my standard engine. I'd rather pay to have it done right first time than faff about with cheaper end products and hoping to get decent results. Ideally I would like a expansion exhaust with a nice 24 or 25 MM carb and maybe a cone filter.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

You might just find that you're in the same boat as the 'I've just lost 8mph' thread, which was the case when my pal fitted a clubman to his Jet 200 and found that it would no longer pull 4.8 4th ratio correctly. He found that the great running standard Jet that he had rallied and loved became faster in 3rd, slower in 4th, and had to be upjetted to stop it from seizing (never did on the standard exhaust for thousands of miles) and then became really thirsty by comparison. For his standard bike on the long gearing, fitting a clubman became a lose/lose situation so the clubman came back off again and he then returned to the reliable and (in standard terms) pretty fast bike that it had been previously.

I do know others that have loved fitting a clubman to a standard bike but it doesn't work all of the time.

Adam
Geocamper

Thanks for your reply Adam. I only wish to change to add a couple of hp top end as the scoot does tend to show a lack of power on inclines and hills in fourth gear. Changing down to third on said inclines and hills and she pulls like a train. Saying that, the scoot will plod along happily doing 55-58 mph on the flat which I'm told is pretty decent for a standard set up on the TV. Maybe it would be better not to fiddle with it.
Doom Patrol

Don't be downhearted Mr Camper. It's possible to make modest changes that will give it a bit more fizz. But you have to bear in mind that you're starting with a straight, rather modest 175. It's probably never going to set the world on fire and would possibly struggle with something like an expansion pipe. You don't have to go mad but look at ways of improving it in a standardish sort of range, and that's quite easy and doable. Things like air flow and exhaust can be sorted. I'd certainly look at the scoop and airbox with a S3 carb and a standard exhaust. That would be my preference. Standard exhausts have been much maligned, but in actual fact they can pull like nobodies business and are near perfect on a straight engine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information