Carbs and that. What size filter, cables

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Snails

Hi

I'd like to fit a remote filter for my phbh 26 mm carb that enables me to run with my GP panels on. Ideally it will attach to existing rubber air filter hose (std gp150 jetex type for std air filter). I was looking at these as a possibility - but bot sure what size I would need

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAMAIR-Lambre ... 1750429916

Any advice appreciated.

Also...for the phbh carb I think i need a long throttle cable? Would I need to replace the outer and the inner? Or just the inner?
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Look at that company's main website. They give measurements of the internal diameter of their filters and length etc. I have used them several times in the past but I have only ever attached the filters direct to the carburettor bellmouth.

Cable - replace both.
Snails

storkfoot wrote:Look at that company's main website. They give measurements of the internal diameter of their filters and length etc. I have used them several times in the past but I have only ever attached the filters direct to the carburettor bellmouth.

Cable - replace both.

i take it you ran without panels then?
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

i think you will find a filter fastened directly to the carb will mean cutting a hole in the panel or no panel
Cereal GY
Main scooter: GP200

holty wrote:i think you will find a filter fastened directly to the carb will mean cutting a hole in the panel or no panel
Fits under a panel without a cut out
http://www.riminilambrettacentre.com/en ... corta.html

Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Snails wrote:Hi

I'd like to fit a remote filter for my phbh 26 mm carb that enables me to run with my GP panels on. Ideally it will attach to existing rubber air filter hose (std gp150 jetex type for std air filter). I was looking at these as a possibility - but bot sure what size I would need

Any advice appreciated.

Also...for the phbh carb I think i need a long throttle cable? Would I need to replace the outer and the inner? Or just the inner?

Ram air part number MR-003 for fitting to the GP air hose (this is what I do) MR 004 if you want to go straight onto the PHBH mouth but then it's a hole in the panel or no panel.

Cable wise, yep you need a new extra long inner and outer.
Donnie.
Snails

Donnie wrote:
Snails wrote:Hi

Any advice appreciated.

Ram air part number MR-003 for fitting to the GP air hose (this is what I do) MR 004 if you want to go straight onto the PHBH mouth but then it's a hole in the panel or no panel.

Cable wise, yep you need a new extra long inner and outer.
Thanks very much :) Do I need to remove the existing air filter box? I can so this whilst I wait for delivery if so.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Yes, Ed, you should. Breath Sweet is a good call though but it still may push on your panel. Depends on your manifold really.

In answer to your initial question, yes, i prefer to stick a hole in the panel.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

As Storkfoot says, yes go ahead and remove the old air filter gubbins. Some people remove the scoop too, personally I leave it in place, just to allow more flow under the panels though i don't imagine it actually makes any difference.
Donnie.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Have same sort of dilemma, running stage 6 honda 205 conversion 30mm delly open mouth with mk6 mickek and have full panels without hole,but really want not to put hole in panel.Got plenty of room between panel and carb mouth but want to have some sort if filter on it.Was thinking just putting a grill on it more for safety aspect than anything else but would like a better option any ideas?.
the man don't give a f@@k
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information