Tiny wheel wobble.......

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

alanscottj wrote:
Scooterdude wrote:Worn hub bearing, easy enough to change.
Brand new hub bearing (Casa) was doing it before I changed bearing and still doing it! Engine has had all new bearings, new endplate, brand new close ratio gearbox, new clutch, the works. The only thing that has never been changed is the layshaft. Maybe it is worn but I can't see anything obvious. The splines all look good, can't see any obvious signs of wear :?:
I wouldn't assume that because it's Casa it is ok, I've just fitted a Casa chrome ring and the hole for the grub screw was completely out...just saying.
ducksta

alanscottj wrote:
ducksta wrote:
alanscottj wrote:My back wheel on me TS1 GP has a tiny bit of movement, a bit of a wobble. I have tried different hubs, cones, everything but can't get rid. The shaft itself is solid, gearbox all shimmed up proper. Any thought MUCH appreciated as it is doing my head in! :lol:
Have you tried a breath test
Breath test???
do you feel the wobble only on the way home from the pub
live life your a long time dead
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

do you feel the wobble only on the way home from the pub[/quote]

Haha, I have a constant wobble! Maybe it's time to get help and stop blaming the scooter :lol:
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Hi Alan I did the same take the wheel off no wobble like I said along the length off the lay shaft to the wheel it's enough to cause the wobble if you have changed everything else it's the bearing track
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

a bit of play in the hub bearing is normal; engine mounts would give more movement than your hub with a worn bearing; me think you mite be looking for a problem that doesn't exist
C’est la vie
alanscottj

Muppet wrote:a bit of play in the hub bearing is normal; engine mounts would give more movement than your hub with a worn bearing; me think you mite be looking for a problem that doesn't exist
Went out and about for a good spin last night, by the time I got home the wobble is definitely worse :cry: same hub on my other scooter, no wobble....
Den 08
Main scooter: lambretta Gp 225

Alan, as you have replaced renewed most parts, I would be looking at other things most rear wheels do have a bit of movement when the wheel is held at 9' and 3' o'clock, there is as been said a bit o movement,
but if you can feel it wobbling/moving when riding that's bad, a few things to check, tyre pressure, worn engine mounts, dodgy rear shock, offset cones on the move if you have them and or engine bar nuts not
quite tight enough, or your getting a bit paranoid !

I know I have in the past :lol: :lol:
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

pitted fork bearing tracks over tightened forks or dodgy fork bearings can make the scoot feel like it got a rear wheel wobble; grit blasted fork bearing tracks as sometimes happens after a full rebuild and respray does same
C’est la vie
alanscottj

Turns out it was a worn layshaft :D thanks all!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information